• April 19, 2024, 01:47:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Important Fix Discovered for WBR 2310 - Loss of Signal  (Read 6331 times)

jonesb

• Level 2 Member
Important Fix Discovered for WBR 2310 - Loss of Signal
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »

After two years of floundering around, this may be the most important posting for anyone who has a WBR 2310 which intermittently ceases transmitting a readable wireless signal.  Normally a cold reboot of the router will keep it working for up to two weeks.
\
I am using Firmware 1.04

Simply login to the Router; go to Manual Setup; under PPPOE; reset the maximum idle time from 5 minutes (factory default) to 5000 (about three days).  The 5 minute idle time setting causes the DSL connection to be cut and restarted every 5 minutes - unless you happen to jump in between a 5 minute period and keep working.  The 5 minute cuts keep happening even after you turn off your computer as long as the router stays on.  These cuts / restores also can use up valuable resources at your DSL, and it was DSL techs who found the problem when I complained about the DSL connection being broken.  The 5 on 5 off causes a file to buildup in the router which eventually interrupts the ability of the router to transmit the correct address (although the signal keeps transmitting).

There are countless postings about this in these boards - old and new.  Huge frustration levels.

I'd recommend the moderators, if they believe this, to cross-post this note as they see fit.

Nirliq

• Level 1 Member
Re: Important Fix Discovered for WBR 2310 - Loss of Signal
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »

Have you tried this with Dynamic IP?

Thanks