• April 19, 2024, 03:05:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wishlist for Ver. 1.08!..... here we go again....  (Read 25055 times)

drick

• Level 3 Member
Re: Wishlist for Ver. 1.08!..... here we go again....
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 05:04:26 PM »

for a likely preview of what is to come, check this out:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?board=250.0
DNS-323v1.8 + ffp 0.5
2x750GB Seagate HDD's / RAID1+EXT3
DNS-343A - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343B - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343C v1.05b + ffp 0.5
4x2TB Seagate HDD's / RAID5+EXT3
Netgear RNDP6000
6x2TB WD HDD's / RAID6
Netgear WNDR4500

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 02:52:01 PM »

If one of you own a Buffalo NAS... there is a usefull function : Synch one nas with the other.

If one of you're friends have a NAS, you and you're friends can share a location on the NAS, and configure a synch between the NAS. Only the modiffy/new data will be download or upload.

The good thing with this feature : you're house burn ! ... (or the house of you're friends) .. the data are store somewhere else....    all you're picture, mp3, DOC, XLS,...   

The DOWNLOAD manager can probably do it... but it have lot of bug when handle hudge folder structure, or to many files.

rocaddict

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 03:06:09 PM »

same from me... i shutdown and restart the nas 1 time / 1 or 2 month (depend on how and what i dowload).

Same here!

sadian

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »

Please, Firstly fix all the silly bugs and specially this one:

No sleep for the HDDs.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=3855.0

mareksy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »

fixing this error:
"Access Error: Site or Page Not Found
when trying to obtain /web/login.asp?id=9999936
Cannot open URL"
in web page acces tool, device is locked via web page to hard restart- it still exists since 1.06

and
net access via usb to other external disks, the same as competitors have

and
NTFS to choose as a HDD format option (if possible) or software tool for access to the files under WIN, when device seriously will crash

and
improve please working under Vista with catalogs with thousends of pictures into it - no thumbs this time still

and
I want to change under Vista folders icons at DNS - impossible now, its working only for shortcuts
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:15:18 PM by mareksy »

rkaye

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »

my wishlist, in order of preference:

• SMART hooks built into kernel
  • USB disk support
  • ability to rename share from 'volume_1' and 'volume_2' to something useful, such as "media" and "backup" -- I can't believe none of you have asked for this!
  • simple new FTP option (check box) to auto backup vol1 to vol2 every xxx hours (for those with standard (non-raid) drive setup)
  • user security, not share security (will require a more updated version of samba)
  • FTP log file, and/or email sent on FTP failure
  • sFTP (secure ftp)
  • auto time sync to time server (every xxx hours)
  • admin/config pages in https instead of http (duh)
  • bonjour, shoutcast

runmac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »

Fix Bittorent  ??? ???

Piotr

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 12:25:28 AM »

Please add more time zones in Time Settings.

DIR-655 H/W A2   FW 1.30EU    *    DSL-320B H/W D1  FW EU_1.21    *    DNS-323 H/W A1   FW 1.08b05    *    DWA-645 H/W A1

Shade

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »

Web hosting

cklassen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned before but fix up the FTP Access List

Simple setup: folder B is in Folder A

Under the network access tab, I am able to Give User_A Read/Write access to Folder A and only Read access to folder B.

In the FTP Server tab, I am not able to achieve this. You can only have 1 ftp access list for User_A. the only way to achieve this (the read/write access portion of this) is to have 2 separate user accounts and give both of them the appropriate access for either Folder A or Folder B. Or give User_A Read/Write Access to Folder A and give anonymous access Read Access.

Both of the options don’t cut it. Allow us to create nice and how ever complicated access lists we want.  For instance, in my setup, I don’t want to give anonymous access, I only want ftp access via 1 simple login user name and define the appropriate access to each and every folder.

Also, another very useful addition which would compliment this very nicely would be a third option from the 2 (Read and Read/Write access), give a third option for Delete Access.

Just because I give a user read/write access, doesn’t mean I also want them to be able to delete the files/folders.

Essentially, allow complex user access, like you can define in either Windows and/or Linux.

Hasan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 07:05:55 AM »

MKV Support is essential in the next firmware build, HD 720p and 1080p video is all mkv, converting looses quality and wastes so much time... please hear our voices dlink.

Otherwise keep up the good work guys. Looking forward to next FW build.

Cheers,
Hasan

dbaby7

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 11:09:18 AM »

Software to unrar directly on the DNS-323 without needing to use a computer

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »

Ability to make Incremental Backup from one DNS-323 to another DNS-323 on the same LAN.

Pyroa

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned before but fix up the FTP Access List

Simple setup: folder B is in Folder A

Under the network access tab, I am able to Give User_A Read/Write access to Folder A and only Read access to folder B.

In the FTP Server tab, I am not able to achieve this. You can only have 1 ftp access list for User_A. the only way to achieve this (the read/write access portion of this) is to have 2 separate user accounts and give both of them the appropriate access for either Folder A or Folder B. Or give User_A Read/Write Access to Folder A and give anonymous access Read Access.

Both of the options don’t cut it. Allow us to create nice and how ever complicated access lists we want.  For instance, in my setup, I don’t want to give anonymous access, I only want ftp access via 1 simple login user name and define the appropriate access to each and every folder.

Also, another very useful addition which would compliment this very nicely would be a third option from the 2 (Read and Read/Write access), give a third option for Delete Access.

Just because I give a user read/write access, doesn’t mean I also want them to be able to delete the files/folders.

Essentially, allow complex user access, like you can define in either Windows and/or Linux.

I dream of that ^^, a specific page for the FTP server, where we can select severals folder for the same user with different access !

TaGoR

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 05:48:52 AM »

Really really looking for auto power on after power loss. Out in the sticks we have frequent power blips and it's a huge pain to continually run into the basement utility/server room to simply push a button.  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]