• March 28, 2024, 07:33:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot add my 26th DCS-942L camera to my account  (Read 11260 times)

Mens Clinic

• Level 1 Member
Cannot add my 26th DCS-942L camera to my account
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:50:27 AM »

We are using 2 cameras per location and haven't run into any issues until now. When trying to register the 26th camera to my account I receive a "Invalid email - password combination". I have updated the firmware to 1.22 and tried using the wizard on multiple computers. This is a major inconvenience because I am due to leave this city tomorrow. I need this fixed EXTREMELY SOON!!!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Cannot add my 26th DCS-942L camera to my account
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:09:37 AM »

We are using 2 cameras per location and haven't run into any issues until now. When trying to register the 26th camera to my account I receive a "Invalid email - password combination". I have updated the firmware to 1.22 and tried using the wizard on multiple computers. This is a major inconvenience because I am due to leave this city tomorrow. I need this fixed EXTREMELY SOON!!!!

Make sure you download the latest Wizard software as well, as there may be dependencies.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:10:34 AM »

Also. . . Is this a DCS-932L or 942L like you indicated? I'm asking b/c this is the DCS-932L board.

Mens Clinic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:15:27 AM »

I am using the wizard downloaded form the d-link support site yesterday, tried both the exe and the zip. This is for the DCS-942L and i have posted in that forum also. This one seems to be more active.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:22:23 AM »

You may want to try performing a factory reset on the camera, reboot your router, and try the Wizard again.  :-\

Mens Clinic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:34:50 AM »

Tried the factory reset twice yesterday with no luck. Resetting the router is not an option due to this being a live production network. Both cameras have their own ip address if this is what you are getting to. Bringing phones down = loss in revenue. Thanks you for your help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59:47 AM »

You can configure and register the camera on a different network/router (e.g. home network) and then connect it to your office LAN.

Mens Clinic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »

After trying to use a different network I am still receiving the error "Invalid email password combination".

Mens Clinic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »

After setting up a new account the camera had no issues registering to that account. I then did a factory reset on the camera again to see if I could add to the existing account. The wizard went as usual and still gave me the invalid password combination. From the same screen/instance I was able to register to the other account. The email and pass I am inputting are 100% correct, I even tried changing the password on the account and tried to register again with no luck. This is UNACCEPTABLE!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 06:27:58 PM »

After setting up a new account the camera had no issues registering to that account. I then did a factory reset on the camera again to see if I could add to the existing account. The wizard went as usual and still gave me the invalid password combination. From the same screen/instance I was able to register to the other account. The email and pass I am inputting are 100% correct, I even tried changing the password on the account and tried to register again with no luck. This is UNACCEPTABLE!

Dumb question - if you remove 1 camera of the 25, does the 26th work and the 25th fail?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 08:05:21 AM »

Each mydlink account is designed to accommodate up to 100 registered D-Link Cloud devices.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 08:30:07 AM »

Interesting.. but Has it been real world  tested??   :-X

Each mydlink account is designed to accommodate up to 100 registered D-Link Cloud devices.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »

Interesting.. but Has it been real world  tested??   :-X

I presume so. I'm a loooooong way off from having enough cameras to personally test that limit.  ;)

mrjinxx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 03:50:41 PM »

You can't associate cameras from the US and the UK to the same account.  Don't ask me why.  I spend 6 months out of the year in the US and 6 months in the UK ... when I'm in the US I rather hoped these cameras would give me the peace of mind to look after my UK home.  I have two DCS 2132L cameras and 3 DCS2332L cameras.  But I can't get the one UK version of the DCS2132L to register to my drink account (which has all the others ... all US purchased).  Same firmware etc ... just won't register a UK camera and a US camera to the same account.  Surely an easy problem to fix?  D-Link ... any progress?     Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 07:10:53 PM »

You can't associate cameras from the US and the UK to the same account.  Don't ask me why.  I spend 6 months out of the year in the US and 6 months in the UK ... when I'm in the US I rather hoped these cameras would give me the peace of mind to look after my UK home.  I have two DCS 2132L cameras and 3 DCS2332L cameras.  But I can't get the one UK version of the DCS2132L to register to my drink account (which has all the others ... all US purchased).  Same firmware etc ... just won't register a UK camera and a US camera to the same account.  Surely an easy problem to fix?  D-Link ... any progress?     Thanks.

mydlink.com - Rules for Device Association with Regional mydlink.com Accounts