• April 27, 2024, 01:59:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Detected  (Read 2716 times)

Smith

• Level 2 Member
Detected
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »

??? i was just wondering does this router stop people from using    DNS cache poisoning attack.. are you protected from thing kinds of things etc etc

Hard Harry

Re: Detected
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »

Yes and no. DNS cache poisoning is actually a attack on your ISP, or who ever runs your DNS servers, and not personally on you. It can effect you, but thats rare. How the router helps, is it's "advanced DNS" feature, which actually uses OpenDNS's servers, which are not ****e to most such attacks. Then again, most modern ISP's in the US aren't ****e to most of these kind of attacks.

My MAIN question though is....WTF? Between this post and your last one, did you get a virus or something?

Smith

• Level 2 Member
Re: Detected
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 01:37:16 AM »

No Virus here im running ESET Smart Security Nod The Nod Firewall pick Up DNS cache poisoning Attack i have 2 router one is bridge and one computer firewall.... And yes i do have Advanced DNS :Enabled.. But the thing is 204.194.232.200   is from my Router The Dlink4500?!!?   Primary DNS Server :204.194.232.200 this ip only show up when you click Advanced DNS so who knows ill keeping watching could be my Nod Firewall may be a bug in the firewall maybe not