• April 23, 2024, 10:32:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-552 connection drops after about a minute from windows starting  (Read 5400 times)

perek

• Level 1 Member

Just put together my computer and when windows starts the card automatically connects to the network but the connection drops after about a minute or two and then other available networks start disappearing from the list until there are none left.  Tried to put the card in a different PCI slot and also uninstalling it and re-installing with the v.160 driver with no luck.  I'm using Win 7 Home Premium, mobo is Asus P7P55D.  Please help!  Thanks in advance!
***Update*** tried drivers directly from Atheros and also same setup in Mint 8.0 but problem persists. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 01:45:42 PM by perek »

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: DWA-552 connection drops after about a minute from windows starting
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »

Just put together my computer and when windows starts the card automatically connects to the network but the connection drops after about a minute or two and then other available networks start disappearing from the list until there are none left.  Tried to put the card in a different PCI slot and also uninstalling it and re-installing with the v.160 driver with no luck.  I'm using Win 7 Home Premium, mobo is Asus P7P55D.  Please help!  Thanks in advance!
***Update*** tried drivers directly from Atheros and also same setup in Mint 8.0 but problem persists. 

Hi perek,

Make sure that the onboard Ethernet Port on the motherboard is disabled in Computer Bios. You should not be worry about the other connections in your area, just yours.

Make sure a Wireless Phone Base is not near the Computer or the Router. The Wireless Phone  can be, but not its Base.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10