• March 28, 2024, 11:21:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My Iomega 1TB wont connect to my dir 827 Shareport  (Read 10783 times)

quinrc

• Level 1 Member
My Iomega 1TB wont connect to my dir 827 Shareport
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:21:17 PM »

Dir - 827 - Hardware Version: A1   Firmware Version: 1.02
Iomega - 1TB eGo USB 2.0 Desktop Hard Drive
Shareport plus utility - 4.0.0 B2

please help i love my Dir 827 works great and fast but i just need my iomega to be able to connect to it.
i bought it because i was told you can use it with itunes and apple tv and it recognize it as the main computer.

please help me thanks in advance.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: My Iomega 1TB wont connect to my dir 827 Shareport
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »

Try doing a factory reset of the router while the drive is connected.
Also the drive needs to be formatted in NTFS clean as well.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »

Could you provide more information on what part doesn't work with Shareport?. When you connect the device does shareport even detect it? Do you have a spare USB key you can also try to compare results?

If you are using Windows you could also try accessing it directly. If you press the Windows key + "r" it should open a run box. In the run box type in \\192.168.0.1. What are the results.

As for Itunes and Apple TV, this router doesn't have a built in ITunes server. I am not very Macsavvy so I am not sure what alternatives you have or if Itunes supports DLNA. If you do have a SmartTV that's DLNA or a media player that is it's a sinch. You literally can plug the USB drive in the back, connect your device to your network and it shows up right away.

Also NTFS, FAT32 are the formats that work.

quinrc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 07:52:02 PM »

Try doing a factory reset of the router while the drive is connected.
Also the drive needs to be formatted in NTFS clean as well.

I have done this already with dlink 24hr support team didnt help either

quinrc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »

Could you provide more information on what part doesn't work with Shareport?. When you connect the device does shareport even detect it? no it doesnt  Do you have a spare USB key you can also try to compare results?
The router is fine, i belive it just doenst like my hard drvie. USB keys work as well as another iomege HD
If you are using Windows you could also try accessing it directly. If you press the Windows key + "r" it should open a run box. In the run box type in \\192.168.0.1. What are the results. im in canada and my rogers modem is using that ip address i use 172.16.0.1 and it bring up a blank screen

As for Itunes and Apple TV, this router doesn't have a built in ITunes server. I am not very Macsavvy so I am not sure what alternatives you have or if Itunes supports DLNA. If you do have a SmartTV that's DLNA or a media player that is it's a sinch. You literally can plug the USB drive in the back, connect your device to your network and it shows up right away. i bought it because it can be used with itunes it better be able to. but yes the box says it works with itunes or dlna

Also NTFS, FAT32 are the formats that work. i cant change it for some reason but its in NTFS format right now

JustinCredible

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »

Your iomega drive should work regardless of which ISP you are using. So question:
How is your computer connnecting to the DIR-827 - is it wirelessly or via Ethernet?

If via Ethernet then just focus on getting your computer to recognize the shareport utlitly. Uninstall everything (concerning your DLink router/Shareport) and then start the installation process fresh - making sure that your connection from your computer to the DIR-827 is via Ethernet port 1. Make sure you name your media server something different then your SSID - so like housenetwork1 (SSID) and medianetwork1 (media network).

Install the Shareport utlity. and have it run. THEN plug in your drive. Wait a bit and see f you can see the drive in the Shareport utlity. I currently have my 3 tb drive plugged in and it works perfectly fine with some exceptions:
1) You must unplug and replug the drive for it to index any new files.
2) When indexing - if it comes across any MKV files - it will stop reading and you won't be able to access any further folders when browsing on a PS3. Windows won't have that problem.

Do not load your content on your 1tb file before you get this working. Put a test file on and keep trying different thigns (possibly format to Fat32 - thats what my 3tb is current formatted to) - you don't want to load up your drive and then have to move everything off to test something.

Good luck! Try calling Dlink Support but at the beginning of a fresh install!

JustinCredible

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »

Also you can connect to your DIR-827 router via Http://dlinkrouter instead of http:\\192.168.0.1