• March 18, 2024, 09:42:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Got locked out of router config  (Read 5197 times)

xor

• Level 1 Member
Got locked out of router config
« on: August 16, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »

This is not cool at all. i was trying to update my firmware, and to do that, so that it would work, i read that you had to do a factory reset. obviously i saved my settings to my desktop first, but after trying to upgrade the firmware, it didnt work so i gave up and decided to restore my settings back.

after restoring my settings it seemed that all had worked well and the login page came up, i punched in my password, but it said invalid username/password.  ??? :@

i have tried just putting nothing in for the password field but that doesnt work either. what can i do??? :(

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Got locked out of router config
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »

This is not cool at all. i was trying to update my firmware, and to do that, so that it would work, i read that you had to do a factory reset. obviously i saved my settings to my desktop first, but after trying to upgrade the firmware, it didnt work so i gave up and decided to restore my settings back.

after restoring my settings it seemed that all had worked well and the login page came up, i punched in my password, but it said invalid username/password.  ??? :@

i have tried just putting nothing in for the password field but that doesnt work either. what can i do??? :(

Hi xor,

After a Factory Reset using the Reset Button in the back of the Unit, the password is also reset to Blank.
Once your Upgrade the Firmware, you need to enter all the information, manually. It can't be restored by the configuration file.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10