• March 29, 2024, 08:41:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to view my cam for outside my network. (Need help)  (Read 5640 times)

unh87

• Level 1 Member
How to view my cam for outside my network. (Need help)
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »

I have a new apple airport extreme wireless router and have done all the port forwarding and gave the camera a static address and cannot view my camera outside my network. I also have done the dyndns service also. I will note if I change the http port in the camera settings to say 82 I get a black screen and cannot view my camera till I switch back to port 80. Could this be the router? Reason why I want to do this is I need to view my camera for more then 60 seconds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nebriv

• Level 1 Member
Re: How to view my cam for outside my network. (Need help)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »

Is your ISP blocking port 80 by any chance?

unh87

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:20:59 AM »

I think so,but if I change it to say 82 on the HTTP port of the camera settings I get a black screen and can't see anything on my camera so I assume you can't change the port correct? BTW I also changed port forwarding on the router to 82.

nebriv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 04:54:06 AM »

No if you get a black screen, at least it is connecting...What happens if you go to /image/jpeg.cgi ?

Also have you tried it just with your IP address, not using DDNS? Just tryin to weed out the points of failure...

And you can connect to it fine locally correct?

unh87

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 04:56:42 AM »

I can connect locally no problem at port 80, but not at any other port. I wonder if it's the apple router.

the_mad_italian

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »

I encountered somewhat the same problem.  After checking various things, I found that my router (Netgear WNDR3400) wasn't recognizing that the camera is UnPP (plug and play device). I have two camera installed one worked perfectly on the Internet and one didn't.  When my router sees a plug and play device the device passes port fowarding parameters to the router so that it can set up the internet path.  These ports are "random", i.e. I wasn't able to figure the correct number.
If you haven't solved the problem yet, GOOD LUCK!