• April 16, 2024, 08:56:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bit Torrent App Keeps Hanging  (Read 11388 times)

strugs

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bit Torrent App Keeps Hanging
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »

Oh, and when the torrents freeze, I can no longer use Easy Search to reboot ther NAS, as the NAS does not show up on the Easy Search utility list.  Have to hard boot the device in order to log in, but even though I cannot log in and Easy Search cant see it, all data on both drives are still accessible on the network.....weird.

psmith

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 08:11:41 AM »

Anyone with any solutions to this problem. I am on 1.07 firmware. I lose connection to the admin page to the DNS-323 (but can still access the disks) when I use the bittorrent client. It usually seems to happen when a torrent seems to have finished downloading (not sure). If I am on the admin page , a connection lost message is displayed. If I am not on the page and logged out I can't get back in till I reboot the DNS-323. Annoying. Don't want to upgrade to a beta, have been lurking in the forums for a bit now so I know that it is a sore topic for the engineers but any idea when the 1.08 full release is due, wanna try it if it solves the bt issue.

baba2s

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »

Anyone with any solutions to this problem. I am on 1.07 firmware. I lose connection to the admin page to the DNS-323 (but can still access the disks) when I use the bittorrent client. It usually seems to happen when a torrent seems to have finished downloading (not sure). If I am on the admin page , a connection lost message is displayed. If I am not on the page and logged out I can't get back in till I reboot the DNS-323. Annoying. Don't want to upgrade to a beta, have been lurking in the forums for a bit now so I know that it is a sore topic for the engineers but any idea when the 1.08 full release is due, wanna try it if it solves the bt issue.

yes, its an issue and to avoid it don't keep the BT page ideal for more than 4-5 minutes. As soon you finish monitoring/adding/removing torrent close the web page.

psmith

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 07:52:03 AM »

That really sucks. The whole point of a bt client is to function autonomously. What's the point if I have to keep checking if the torrent is done and remove the torrent as soon as it is done. What if I actually want to reseed as a good netizen should. Have I misunderstood the bt client or your reply?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »

The BT application is a lot more limited than most PC clients, nature of the beast.  FWIW, the latest beta BT and firmware still have the problem of losing connection to the page, though I can still login to the DNS-323.  I just reset mine to get it running again, it seems transfers slow down to nothing over time.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

Partizan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 05:01:34 PM »

What I found is that I have to limit total number of torrents loaded to 2-3 at a time. Anything more and eventually BT hangs.

Most of times I can still soft reset it by logging in as administrator and selecting "Restart" from the tools section. The downside of course, like original poster mentioned, is that after rebooting torrents go through integrity checks and it takes long time.

The worst though is when I cannot even bring up web interface for DNS-323. I have to go to the box and hold Power button for couple of seconds. This happens for some torrent files. They cause "Server Connection Failed" message to appear when I try to add one. It happens very rarely but I do come across some torrent files that bugger DNS web interface completely.

I'm using 1.06 firmware, by the way.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »

I don't think the BT client is ready for "prime time" in this box. :)
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

JerryatDLink

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »

I am on firmware 1.07. BitTorrent web interface won't let me login after few days running, it leads me to configuration page. Restart the box is the only solution.

Annoying.
Pages: 1 [2]