• April 28, 2024, 03:16:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS323 Sleep Problem  (Read 4458 times)

thedeportee

DNS323 Sleep Problem
« on: December 06, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »

I bought a DNS323 about a few months ago and it was working fine all of a sudden it stop going to sleep i set it to go to sleep after 5 minutes if its not in use. normally the power button light turn off and the hard drive goes to sleep. but about 2 months ago the unit stop going to sleep i swap out the unit and the new one worked for a month and as soon as i do a system restart on the unit via the browser the unit stop going to sleep.

i am using the latest firmware and i downgrade the firmware to the one before the latest version, and it worked for about a month and same thing happen when i restart the unit or shut it down and turn it off. i then upgrade the firmware again and nothing i even factory reset it and nothing. i cannot get it to go to sleep any advise or should i call dlink and get another unit again.?

jgj10

• Level 2 Member
Re: DNS323 Sleep Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:14:56 AM »

Hello,

There is a known problem with the print Queue.  If you have a printer connected to the USB port for sharing, that is.  The system occasionally leaves a spooled print job in the Queue requiring the disk to keep spinning. 

The quickest fixes is to use Windows to view the root dir of the Volume_1 file system.  In Windows explorer make sure you have "tools-folder options-view" with the SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS CHECKED so you can see "hidden" files.  After that you should see a .lpr directory.  Delete that directory (it won't hurt anything) it will recreate itself next boot.  Unplug the printer and reboot the box.

That should fix it.

-G

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DNS323 Sleep Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »

Please try out the new firmware 1.04 available on the DNS-323 support website. This firmware has a "Clear Printer Queue" function that should clear any print jobs preventing this from happening.

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DNS%2D323
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream