• March 28, 2024, 07:35:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Freezing router?  (Read 193922 times)

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
Re: Freezing router?
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »

With this you insinuate that actually the product has no problem? Are you (then you ARE one the payrol:)?

My training is complete.

Yes. Yes I am on the payroll. In fact, I am the president of D-Link and I intentionally sold YOU a faulty product so I could come here and enjoy hearing you complain yet pretend I am sympathetic. Personally, I don't use D-Link. I think they sell junk so I bought a Linksys. My suggestion to you would be to head to nearest skeet range and see how many shells you can pump into your DIR-655 before it hits the ground. By the way, those links I put in another post? They work for me so it MUST be your router.

(I didn't really buy a Linksys because I can't seem to break my 655 no matter what I do. I gotta be doing something wrong)

I truly hate urination matches, Partach, so ... off I go into the ether(net).

To the rest of you, if you thought my suggestions were lame well, it's probably because they were. If I at least made you think, then it was worth it. If you've tried every single thing in the book, studied it from all angles, sought help but got no answers, then maybe it is time you took it back. If you''re fed up with D-Link in particular, buy something else. That's probably the best advice I've given.
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »

How does it feel to be "EddieZ-ed"?  ;)

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #302 on: June 27, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

Demonized knows. I read it in an another post. I just can't remember which one.

Shareport? Silex. SX Virtual Link clone.

partach1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #303 on: June 28, 2009, 06:26:51 AM »

So even the president of DLink has nothing better to do, I knew it!  :D
Clancy it was all a test. The router is fine, perfect, peachy. the hundreds of people here are all in on it.
Sadly you didn't live up to our expectation, you can't even get jokes. Do you know how hard it is to get all these people together for you, jeeez. But you do make it fun.
But seriously, www.speedguide.net is not reachable for me!? OMGWTFBBQ?
Maybe all the things we are experiencing are in fact features! What does Dlink have against that site?
Or I bet DLink has a fitness program and they help us out by letting us walk to the router each day to reset it. Great thinking

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #304 on: June 28, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »

I really would like this product if it was stable and does what it should do . But if there is no hope on a decent solution (in reasonable time; says the guy waiting for four months....) i must return it. (and urge others to do the same)

It seems you're part of the 'pack of losers' with a degenerated device. Just wanted to let you know that my DIR is working perfectly and is not showing all the issues you have. So it really does not matter what insults you bring on. At the end of the day my router is working!  ;D

partach1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #305 on: June 28, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »

Insults? where? Lame answers get lame responses.
Itīs my second one, so also did that trick already. But hey it could be two broken ones after each other. Two times A4. Maybe the HW version is the problem. Bought it discount maybe factory batch gone wrong dumpt on the market....

Please read my NTP feedback. http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=6167.0

It probably depends on how you use and or configure the router .
But tell me:
- your hardware version?
- none of the software version gave you problems?
- which firmware did you have installed that works so great?
- Do you use many clients / much data?
- Do you use many wireless clients?
- Do you use NTP?
- Do use schedules?
- Virtual server?
- DHCP?

Please give as much data as you can.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:57:24 AM by partach1 »

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2009, 08:58:23 AM »

Insults? where? Lame answers get lame responses.
Itīs my second one, so also did that trick already. But hey it could be two broken ones after each other. Two times A4. Maybe the HW version is the problem. Bought it discount maybe factory batch gone wrong dumpt on the market....

Please read my NTP feedback. http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=6167.0

It probably depends on how you use and or configure the router .
But tell me:
- your hardware version?
- none of the software version gave you problems?
- which firmware did you have installed that works so great?
- Do you use many clients / much data?
- Do you use many wireless clients?
- Do you use NTP?
- Do use schedules?
- Virtual server?
- DHCP?

Please give as much data as you can.

Using it with 5 wireless devices, 2 Shareport printers, I USB HDD and 2 wired devices.
And using all the features . How about that.

partach1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »

and

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

Alright guys thats enough mud flinging. As with MANY other threads I can sense some hostility so I'm going to do what a Mod does. Lock the thread.

I will say this however, I understand everyone is on edge about their units not working properly. I understand that from the outside it seems like D-Link isn't listening or doesn't care. That couldn't be further from the truth. Unfortunatley the D-Link employee's you're interacting with here at this level can't do much but take in your complaints and push for new code.

We're working to end this for the 655 and the 4500 but it takes time, a lot of time apparently. See as there is no solution for this issue and this thread has degenerated to name calling and figer pointing I'm left with only one recourse. Lock.

If you feel you've reached this recording in error, please check the number and dial again.

-Lycan.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]