• April 23, 2024, 11:20:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New FIRMWARE BETA 1.16!  (Read 33505 times)

Butcher

• Level 1 Member
New FIRMWARE BETA 1.16!
« on: February 27, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »

It is on the FTP site, it just got released today, however I do not know any info on the beta release notes, if someone know any info on the beta, it would be great, thank you! ;D

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dgl4500/

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: New FIRMWARE BETA 1.16!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »

Thanks for posting this.

I just tried it.  It seems a bit slow now.  But, I backed it up from a configuration file...so I don't know if it made a difference or not.  It works though.

I hope we can get a changelog for this though.  And I am also praying that a lot of the stuff that we asked for got fixed.  Like compatibility for wireless clients, and wireless strength.  Better port forwarding, and connection issues with games, and dropping.

It would be nice!

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 01:32:44 AM »

I've been using it about 6hrs now and seems to be the same old thing. Some reason I couldn't use the backup config from 1.15. I also couldn't access Wireless Security Setup Wizard or Add Wireless Device WITH WPS (WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP) Wizard. After I went back to 1.15 I could.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:56:20 AM by anon »

deksecurity

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »

every thing work OK for me i can backupconfig too, don't know what fix but it loOK ok to me.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:52:04 PM »

After redoing all of my settings again, which wasn't hard (Not backed up from a config file), my wireless performance has been very very flaky.  It drops quite often now, and nothing has really changed except firmware.  DNS resolution is slow, even when using the OpenDNS servers.  1.15 is fine...just all those bugs with port forwarding and connection drops.

But yeah...1.16 causes some wireless problems here for me, and there's just way too many errors.  Fix these problems!!!!

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »

Guess there is a reason why for the warning that comes with it.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=4466.0

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:57:07 AM »

Reinvented-
We're seeing improved wireless performance. In fact I have a a1 4500 that almost doubled it's data rate with the beta.
If you roll the code back to 1.15 does the behavior continue?
Also with the 1.15, what port forwarding issues are you having, I've been reading the forums looking for things, I must have missed that post :/

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »

1.15 seems better for wireless throughput.  Still lots of errors.

I've posted ALL of my issues in SEVERAL major threads.  They are the same stuff over and over again.

All of them are listed in the 1.15 gaming bugs sticky that you made.

And of course here still.

Connections still drop regardless of SPI on or off, and set to endpoint filtering..

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 02:03:15 PM »

Yeah...so all the bugs that I've listed are STILL present.  And they have yet to be fixed.  Wireless performance is horrible with 1.16.

I also found another bug with 1.16.  It involves rebooting, and it losing the NTP time server information.  I'm not sure why mine resets, but after doing a factory defaults, and setting it up again...everytime a reboot occurs, then the time server information disappears, and the time is all whacky again.

Please fix ALL of these issues.  Even the DIR-655 gets more updates than this.

Heck, it's BEEN MANY MONTHS!  I've even sent you guys the logs you requested of deauthentication, and we still haven't received a fix for anything.  I'm becoming very disappointed.  It's a gaming router, and i can't game on it!

arod

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »

Reinvented,

What hardware version is your unit?
How long have you had the unit?

Any chance have you tried to clear the cache from your browser?

I will test out what you're reporting when I get home.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 07:07:27 PM »

Reinvented,

What hardware version is your unit?
How long have you had the unit?

Any chance have you tried to clear the cache from your browser?

I will test out what you're reporting when I get home.

I've had my unit since February of 08.  It's an A1 unit.  Clearing cache doesn't mean anything for the GUI.  It's a router problem.  I say this because it gets refreshed from the router side.  The browser doesn't store ANY settings for the router, or anything.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »

Any word on 1.16b03 and issues with access to the "wizard" menus?

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 07:41:48 PM »

Any word on 1.16b03 and issues with access to the "wizard" menus?

Do you not know what the versions of firmware mean? Or even what thread you are posting in?  The "b" in the filename denotes it being a beta. This is the beta thread.  If you are having issues with these things, then post in here.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »

Do you not know what the versions of firmware mean? Or even what thread you are posting in?  The "b" in the filename denotes it being a beta. This is the beta thread.  If you are having issues with these things, then post in here.

? are you a little slow today? it is a question to do with the 1.16 beta. Just wanted to see if it may have been something on my end.

arod

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »

So I tested out the 1.16 FW in a home environment.. From wireless connection, time settings, streaming media, playing video games via console through a wireless bridge, also roomate using wireless laptop, setting up QoS, downloading etc... (too much to name)

Anyways.. It appears to be working fine for me.

Reinvented,

Please list the issues that you're experiencing and the steps so I can test it out here at work and see what we can do for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4