• April 28, 2024, 10:23:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: access control  (Read 3304 times)

zev

• Level 1 Member
access control
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:25:02 PM »

Hi, I have a problem with the access control option with my router.  So my brother uses a lot of p2p stuff on his computer and I'd like to set up a schedule where I can basically kill his p2p connections without actually having to go over to his computer and turn it off.  I want to leave web browsing and msn alone though.

I've tried using the access control, but the rules that I set up doesn't seem to work and I hope someone can tell me how to correctly set it up.  So first it asks for a name, not that it matters.  Second, it asks for a schedule, which I've made for everyday from 6pm - 1am.  Next, I've selected his machine's MAC address.  Now the next page is to select the filtering method, so I've chosen block some access with apply advanced port filters.  Last page is to type in the ports themselves; from my internet sessions, I see that his p2p program is using ports ranging from the lower 1000s all the way up to high 4000s (TCP) as well as 19646 UDP.

So I typed out 2 rules to enable:

dest ip start   dest ip end           protocol    dest port start     dest port end
0.0.0.0          255.255.255.255    UDP            19646                 19646
0.0.0.0          255.255.255.255    TCP            1000                   5000

but even after saving and save settings, it doesn't seem to kill his p2p connections at all.  All the same connections that were there before in internet sessions is still there.  I have a feeling that I am doing the port filter rules wrong, but I am not sure where.  If anyone could help me, that would be great.