• April 28, 2024, 02:46:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: All browsers hang (says page loading) after 5 or 10 minutes of use.  (Read 6985 times)

Tommynox

• Level 1 Member

Ok heres the problem, I just got a new laptop, An HP pavilion dv6 1030us, laptop running Vista home premiem 64 bit and a DIR-625 router. And since day 1 about 5 to 10 minutes after i connect to the internet the all browsers stop and just hangs and tells me "page loading". Now the funny thing is google talk and and pidgin still work and i can ping any website from command prompt. none of the browsers work until I diagnose the the connection. then it tells me nothing is wrong. I open up any browser and it works for another 5 or 10 minutes then it hangs again.

I have 2 other comps hooked up to the network wirelessly. My dell c840(xp pro) is using an old wireless dlink card to connect never had any problems. with the same router. My roomie's Pc is using Vista enterprise and no problems. My girlfriend also has an Hp laptop that connects with no problems. If I use an ethernet cable I have no problems then either.

Something new I found out last night, is that when i was over my girls house, I could connect to her network and didnt have a problem the whole night did not hang even once after marathon usage. left it on and it stayed on when I got up in the morning.

So with that being said....please help!!!

Tommynox

• Level 1 Member
UPDATE: All browsers hang (says page loading) after 5 or 10 minutes of use.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:57:04 AM »

I updated the firmware and it my comp works....HOW EVER, my roomies connection is really, really slow now. almost non existent. Need help fixing that. Any takers?

arod

Re: All browsers hang (says page loading) after 5 or 10 minutes of use.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »

Reference the following link to achieve 300Mbps.

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=3061&question=300+mbps

Tommynox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »

Thanks, I'll try it when I get home. i read the article and there is a catch he has a linksys Wmp300n adapter for his desktop.

arod

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:46:36 AM »

I don't think that should be a problem. Just make sure drivers are up to date.

Tommynox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »

will do and I'll post progress. Thanks Ruf. I always hated Pan.

Tommynox

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »

RuF,

I gotter done. I had to change encryption from tkip to aes. After that I deleted the connection then added it back in and BAM, it was all good again. RU FI OH, RU FI OH!!!
Thanks again -NoX

arod

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »

will do and I'll post progress. Thanks Ruf. I always hated Pan.

Hahaha... Yeah Pan never had my back