• May 04, 2024, 04:26:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FW 3.07 Problems When Specifing NTP Servers - Anyone Tried This?  (Read 3261 times)

jjpix

• Level 1 Member
FW 3.07 Problems When Specifing NTP Servers - Anyone Tried This?
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »

Has anyone else had success specifying their own NTP server on FW 3.07 ?

I upgraded my DIR625 (HW ver. C1) from FW 3.06 to FW 3.07.  When I specify my choice of NTP servers for the "Tools/Time NTP Server Used" my router locks up trying to update the time.   My NTP servers of choice are 0.us.pool.ntp.org or pool.ntp.org.  These NTP server choices work fine on FW 3.05 and 3.06, but not on 3.07 (also works great on my old DI624).

I tried using the two DLink provided NTP server addresses and they work fine.  I tried the two NTP servers that XP offers time.nist.gov and time.windows.com and the router doesn’t lock up but it won't sync up (log shows time sync failure status 2).

I defaulted the config of the DIR625 and  set it to the minimum config necessary (disabled UPNP, Traffic Shaping, SecureSpot, and Wireless).  I programmed my WAN (static IP address as is normal for my ISP) saved and rebooted. 

At that point everything works normally.  But when I program "Tools/Time NTP Server Used" to my preferred NTP servers (above), check "enable NTP Server,  and click on "Save Settings" my router locks up, and I have to unplug the WAN connection to be able to reconfigure it (turn NTP off).  It seems to be preoccupied trying to update the time and only unplugging the WAN will allow it to be configured again.

I downgraded the firmware back to FW 3.06 and loaded my saved 3.06 configuration with NTP enabled.  FW 3.06 works fine using my specified NTP servers.

Anybody able to confirm what I saw with FW 3.07 & NTP Servers?

Thanks

jjpix