• April 19, 2024, 01:18:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] On wireless myD-Link works, but no direct web access  (Read 2420 times)

jensen

• Level 1 Member
[SOLVED] On wireless myD-Link works, but no direct web access
« on: December 18, 2012, 04:11:56 AM »

I'm trying to get my 932L to work with the ZoneMinder CCTV software and I therefore need to access the video stream. I can't get this to work on wifi, nor can I access the web administration directly (i.e. not though myD-Link) on wifi.

When connected to wifi only, I can access the camera through myD-Link and get live view and access to the video stream and the web administration on https://127.0.0.1:<port>. But I cannot access the these directly through the camera's static IP (192.168.1.20 in my case) on wifi only.

When a network cable is plugged in the video steam and web administration on 192.168.1.20 is immediately accessible. In fact, I can log on with a network cable , remove it, and the it is still accessible - probably for the duration of the web session.

I have installed the latest firmware (1.05), but that made no difference. I have no connectivity problems, it just seems that the 932L doesn't allow direct wireless access to the web administration. does anyone know how to enable this?

SOLUTION:
Thanks to a hint in another thread (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=51440.msg192257#msg192257) I was able to fix the problem. By reconfiguring the camera from the install CD and opting to use the wireless connection during the process, I am now able to get a video stream and use the web administration when the camera is connected through wifi.

It seems that you must either go for a wired or a wireless connection if you need a video stream and a direct connection to the web administration. myD-Link will still work in both connection modes, though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:25:04 PM by jensen »