• March 29, 2024, 04:27:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Switch grinding to a halt when another smart switch connected  (Read 91045 times)

mosschops13

• Level 1 Member
Switch grinding to a halt when another smart switch connected
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »

I hope someone on here can help.  I have read through the rest of the questions and I seem to be unique.

I have a D-Link DES-1228P that has been powered but unused for over 6 months that I am trying to bring into service as a CCTV POE switch.

The problem is this. 

If the switch is on its own with only my laptop, a camera and a Lantronix Xport connected I can connect to everything great, ping times < 1ms. 

As soon as I connect a switch with any kind of intelligence (e.g. HP ProCurve, Netgear GSM7224P) on any port to any port the DES grinds to a halt.  The pings have 80%+ data loss and the web front end of the DES gets painfully slow. 

The ONLY way to get correct operation back is to disconnect the link to the other switch and reboot. 

I have tried a dumb switch (Netgear FS108) and this is fine, until I connect a smart switch via the FS108 when the DES grinds to a halt again.

Now I realise that I might be lucky that it is not doing the christmas tree thing  ::) but as it stands I cannot use this switch in anything other than stand alone.

Any ideas?   ???

Thanks in advance.

Mosschops13

nintendo1889

• Level 1 Member
Re: Switch grinding to a halt when another smart switch connected
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:32:17 PM »

Are you sure it's not one of those devices that's connected to the switch?

Try enabling or disabling broadcast/storm/cpu saving features.

mosschops13

• Level 1 Member
Re: Switch grinding to a halt when another smart switch connected
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to answer this old thread.

I actually managed to resolve the problem by re-flashing the firmware in with the same version  ;D.

Mosschops13