• April 24, 2024, 08:33:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DDNS with updates private IP ..  (Read 4570 times)

Tex-Twil

• Level 1 Member
DDNS with updates private IP ..
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:44:44 AM »

Hi,
my DIR-615 is not directly connected to the internet, it is behin a modem/router. Hence, WAN interface has a private ip (192.168.1.1). I set up DDNS but the problem is that the DIR-615 think that 192.168.1.1 is the public ip and he updates it to the ddns.

How can I solve this problem ?

cheers,
Tex

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
Re: DDNS with updates private IP ..
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 02:49:22 PM »

What DDNS are you using and what kind of modem you are attached to.
I have used DynDNS in the past and DynDNS uses the originating IP address to associate the hostname with. The originating IP would of course by the IP address assigned to the modem at the time of the DDNS update.

Tex-Twil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:15:35 AM »

What DDNS are you using and what kind of modem you are attached to.
I have used DynDNS in the past and DynDNS uses the originating IP address to associate the hostname with. The originating IP would of course by the IP address assigned to the modem at the time of the DDNS update.

The model is a basic Zyxel adsl modem/router. I should check if the modem has a dyndns possibilities, it would solve my problems.

I'm using dyndns.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:49:53 AM »

Hi,
my DIR-615 is not directly connected to the internet, it is behin a modem/router. Hence, WAN interface has a private ip (192.168.1.1). I set up DDNS but the problem is that the DIR-615 think that 192.168.1.1 is the public ip and he updates it to the ddns.

How can I solve this problem ?

cheers,
Tex

You will need to contact your ISP in order to see if they can convert their modem/router to a "bridging" modem.  Your DIR-615 is behind a NAT router already and will never see the true Internet IP address.