• April 15, 2024, 10:37:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I have no smartphone!  (Read 5626 times)

pspens

• Level 2 Member
I have no smartphone!
« on: June 01, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »

I guess I'm a dinosaur, but I don't have a smartphone.  i purchased a DCS-5030L camera and have managed to configure the wifi for it in my home network.  So I can go to the admin page and see video and control the camera somewhat.  Is there any way I can somehow add the camera to the mydlink website using a web browser and hopefully get more standard access and control of the camera.  I guess I'm also wondering why there isn't a Windows 7 mydlink Lite app?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: I have no smartphone!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »

You can view your camera either locally or away from home using Internet Explorer 11 at mydlink.com.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 12:32:59 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?

I guess I'm a dinosaur, but I don't have a smartphone.  i purchased a DCS-5030L camera and have managed to configure the wifi for it in my home network.  So I can go to the admin page and see video and control the camera somewhat.  Is there any way I can somehow add the camera to the mydlink website using a web browser and hopefully get more standard access and control of the camera.  I guess I'm also wondering why there isn't a Windows 7 mydlink Lite app?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

pspens

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »

You can view your camera either locally or away from home using Internet Explorer 11 at mydlink.com.

Well, that would require me to somehow register my camera with the website, wouldn't it?  That's basically what I'm asking how to do.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 01:57:51 PM »

You mentioned you set up your camera. During the setup did you create a mydlink username and password? If you did, use that as your login on the mydlink.com site and you are good to go.

pspens

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »

You mentioned you set up your camera. During the setup did you create a mydlink username and password? If you did, use that as your login on the mydlink.com site and you are good to go.

No, my setup did not include doing anything with mydlink.  I just configured the wifi (connected to my SSID and provided passphrase).  I've also since configured the email and motion/sound stuff. The only thing I can't do without more modifications to my router is access the camera from outside my network.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 02:09:48 PM »

Actually you will need the setup wizard software. This camera does not have a way to register the camera to mydlink without the mydlink app or if you have a mydlink-enabled router.

Download the software from http://www.mydlink.com/download and select the dcs-5030. Under Setup Wizard on the left, click Windows Setup Wizard. When the pop-up window appears, click Download Windows Setup Wizard (in the middle of the window between the app ads). Once downloaded, double-click the file and it will run through installation.

pspens

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 02:12:56 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?

HW ver: A1 F/W Ver. 1.01
Firmware version: 1.03.06

My router is a NetGear N600.  Also on the bottom of my camera I found: mydlink #: 63193176... is that good for anything?

Also, the camera doesn't like the Chrome browser... I get the following message when attempting to access the config page:

"The browser you are using may have difficulty receiving images and video. If you experience any issues viewing this page, we suggest using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari."

I have to use IE to access the camera, at the moment.

Oh, and I am in Indianapolis.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:21:27 PM by pspens »

pspens

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 02:37:51 PM »

Actually you will need the setup wizard software. This camera does not have a way to register the camera to mydlink without the mydlink app or if you have a mydlink-enabled router.

Download the software from http://www.mydlink.com/download and select the dcs-5030. Under Setup Wizard on the left, click Windows Setup Wizard. When the pop-up window appears, click Download Windows Setup Wizard (in the middle of the window between the app ads). Once downloaded, double-click the file and it will run through installation.

Thank you. Done.  I didn't see that Windows link if I was even at this page  (not sure).  The Windows piece is not documented in the manual and should be, imo.  Thanks very much!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 06:10:01 AM »

Glad it is working now. I will have D-Link update their support site with the wizard software and manual.