• April 25, 2024, 01:43:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Detection functionality  (Read 9516 times)

AHess

• Level 2 Member
Motion Detection functionality
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:44:13 PM »

One week experience about DCS-2132L camera (FW:1.01.10). Everything looks pretty good, installation was easy and quick like promised  8). One major problem related to motion detection, I found this under DCS-932L FW wishlist:

- Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode

Same problem also here with DCS-2132L, everyday I receive few false alarms related to this. Is that already implemented to DCS-2132L FW or is it under implementation?
If its under implementation, is there some workaround to fix this or is only solution to use PIR only or external infrared illuminators?

2nd question...Can someone suggest me good IMAGE SETTINGS, which are good for day and night conditions? Current settings are (copied here from some thread) OK for day but not so good in dark (night):

Like attached picture tells camera is mounted on the wall and light coming through window in day time.

Thanks for any repplies..

-A.Hess-
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:50:59 PM by AHess »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Motion Detection functionality
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 04:48:36 AM »

Regarding your first comment/questions, a fix for the day/night transitioning was recently implemented in the DCS-942L and DCS-5222L. Hopefully (fingers crossed!) we'll see the same fix pushed to other models as well.

Under the DCS-942L change logs the fix is labeled as "[Bug Fix] Refine Day/Night mode switching judgment"
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

AHess

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 05:02:07 AM »

Great!
Thanks for this information.

-A.Hess-

sebby

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 12:40:51 AM »

Same problem here  :-\ . I set sensitivity to 18% and percentage to 6% and I still receive false alarms during the day.

If I uncheck motion detection box and then check it on again, I receive an motion dectection alarm.

As mentioned in the original post, it seems that the cam sends an alarm each time it switches from day light to night mode.

I also tried to let the motion detection active during the whole night; it kept recording and sending alarms every minute !

I wonder if there is something to do with the video profil settings (if so let me know !)

Anyway, using this cam for intrusion detection is quite unreliable so far  :-\ . Any improvement would be much appreciated.

PS: before I was using a DCS-2121; I bought this new one cause I was very pleased of the previous model. I still feel confident into the DCS2132L which looks better in all features... except this issue. Hope Dlink will provide a solution soon. My current firmware is 1.00.06.

Regards,
Sebby

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 07:33:54 AM »

I have the same problem with my DCS-2132L recording every minute all day long. I set my sensitivty low and I thought you had to set percentage high. Anyway, I've tried both ways. Its very confusing. The instructions do not explain much. I also set my detection zones in areas where there is no light fluctuation or other extra movement. Still get most captures with nothing but furniture and carpet doing nothing.  :P

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 08:20:32 AM »

My current firmware is 1.00.06.

Regards,
Sebby

I recommend that you update your firmware to 1.02, which to my understanding is the latest version. With 1.02 they have at least fixed the Exposure Mode in the Image Setup menu, so that you can now use the Exposure Mode "Auto" without any problems.