• April 19, 2024, 05:44:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Printer sharing w/XP, vista64 and win7  (Read 2920 times)

gtan

• Level 1 Member
Printer sharing w/XP, vista64 and win7
« on: November 11, 2010, 07:22:39 AM »

Got a weird one.  I decided to upgrade my router from a DI-624 to a DIR-601.  The only reason for this was that the 624 kept blinking the connections.  Wasn't a problem until we decided to do video conferencing.  I have an XP laptop being used as a print server with 2 printers hooked up via USB port hub.  3 Vista 64 desktops via wire, 1 via wireless, and a Win 7 via wireless.  Everything worked perfectly, everything print.  Then the DIR-601.

All my networking between the computers and internet is fine, maybe better than before, but none of my Vista machines will print without stalling for 5-10 min and sometimes not at all.

I've tried reinstalling all the drivers on all the machines, rebooting everything several times, restarting the shares.  When I Add New Printer (network), the shared printers show up and installs the drivers, no problem, but still no printing.  2 hours with tech support and they blame Vista.

I put back the DI-624 and everything works fine again.  How is this a Vista problem if the only difference is the router?  Anyone...anyone?