• March 29, 2024, 04:05:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: d-view wont locate my camera when i add it.  (Read 10464 times)

s203celestialwar

d-view wont locate my camera when i add it.
« on: January 17, 2009, 07:43:05 PM »

my cicso network magic recognizes the camera (dcs-920) while in wireless but dview doesnt. not even if its wired to the router. what gives. i also updated dview to the newest version and in the product tab it doesn't even have the model dcs-920 anywhere it has both versions of the 900 series then it goes to the 950 series cameras. tried to hex modify the software to recognize the camera but nothing. tried uninstalling following a reinstall of the software and still nothing. i can view the camera via internal static ip address but i need the features of recording and magnifying etc. also can anyone help me setup the email image forwarding. i set that up with my gmail and does nothing.

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: d-view wont locate my camera when i add it.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 12:20:01 PM »

1. Have you tried manually adding by IP using D-View? Input the IP address and click the ? should detect the model.
2. Gmail uses a non-standard SMTP port which the DCS-920 does not support. You will need to use an SMTP server that supports port 25.

jrich

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »

1. Have you tried manually adding by IP using D-View? Input the IP address and click the ? should detect the model.

I am having the same problem.  I have tried manually adding the IP, but no luck.  I can access the camera through web browser, but can not get D-ViewCam to see the camera so I can record.

lunaball

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 02:45:26 AM »

I too have a hard time finding my camera with d-view.  I have a cisco router too. I tried disable all firewalls including software from my PC and router (dangerous) and still did not pick up.  I only get My Map and does not show the plus or minus sign.  It pick up from my computer as my network place so it is there.  I also need it to record when I am not around. ??? ???

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »

Is the Installation Wizard program provided on the CD able to locate the camera on the network? Do you have UPnP Enabled on your PC, camera, and router?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

kpick4

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 07:01:04 PM »

I have the same problem.  The installation wizard sees the DCS-910, but dview does not.  UPnP is enabled on the camera, router and PC.  The browser connects using ActiveX and Java, but dview cannot find the camera.  I manually added the camera in dview, but still nothing.  I have firmware 1.01.  Does dview not recognize the subnet mask?  Is dview using a port that is blocked?  Dview is on my list of exceptions in the Windows firewall.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »

Make sure you are entering the proper Username and Password for accessing the camera in the fields provided when manually adding the camera.

What version of D-ViewCam are you running?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

colintd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 02:33:01 PM »

the DC920 is CRAP...the s/w will not recognise it. I then set it manually. Then I can get at it via the web browser. Try to set up FTP will NOT work, try to set up email will NOT work. Tried tech support will NOT work.
try to contact them by email...they tell me to phone. I was told there was going to be a new release of the s/e...I am betting it will NOT work