• April 18, 2024, 12:58:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Memory is too low...  (Read 3276 times)

yoder

• Level 1 Member
Memory is too low...
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:31:08 PM »

Anyone seen this before:

Problem in receiving logs! Memory is too low to display logs or there is a problem with the connection.

I got this when trying to review my logs tonight...a few seconds later my connection dropped. What do you think: cause or effect?

I'm on A3 v1.22. I'm gonna kill logging to see if that helps.

tipstir

• Level 3 Member
    • Tipstir's LAN ZONE
Re: Memory is too low...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:31:13 PM »

Reboot the router inside the Web Admin don't restart to Factory defaults. Remember the logs use memory and they will fill up fast. I disable main logs and only keep what I need to show.
LAN Zone | Twitter @ tipstir | Youtube @ tipstir | Facebook @ tipstir

DIR-655 A3 1.11 APNs | DP-301U (3x)

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 01:31:02 AM »

Just enable "send log through email" to retain your logs.

I don't think the two issues are related. Once the allocated memory for logs is full, it will erase all data.
But depending on the number of open and/or half open connections (P2P) there can be a cause -effect situation. But without further info on the memory allocation of the router (design specs) it's hard to say.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:25:58 AM by EddieZ »
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

yoder

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:08:40 PM »

Well, fewer dropped connections but still getting spotty wireless service. I'm starting to think this is a poorly designed and supported piece of hardware. Good thing I bought it at Circuit City...at least I wont be able to return it to those stellar pillars of the business community. Maybe I'll offload to some half-wit who trusts a brand name.