• March 14, 2024, 10:07:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Contribute to the myDlink FAQ Library!  (Read 36486 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Contribute to the myDlink FAQ Library!
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:27:12 AM »

Help contribute to our myDlink FAQ library!

If you have a solution to a problem commonly experienced by many users for a specific DCS model, all DCS product lines, D-ViewCam, or myDlink please post your solution as a reply on this thread and we will review your contribution for inclusion in the master library on this board. Please review the entries already posted on this thread and board to avoid submitting duplicate entries.

• Applicable FAQs:
    • Question commonly asked by many users
    • Problem experienced by many users
    • Tip or trick that will benefit many users
  • Please include the following in your post:
    • Applicable DCS model (e.g. DCS-942L, DCS-930L/932L, all DCS models, etc.)
    • Problem (concise description of the issue this solution will address)
    • Solution (concise step-by-step approach to implementing the solution)

Do you see an error, omission, or way to improve upon an existing FAQ post? Please let us know!

Thanks for your support!  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

westgalady

• Level 1 Member
Re: Contribute to the myDlink FAQ Library!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »

I've tried several options for setting up email notices for a DCS-932L and nothing works.  I'm using a MacBook Pro running Lion, trying to set up a gmail.com account, and I'm setting up the camera directly from it's IP address on my network.  [Your service rep today told me to set up using the IP address because your website can only set up advanced settings using Internet Explorer, which I can't put on my MAC.]

The posted solution for gmail setup in the Forum did not fix it.  Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

[BTW, looks like there is a typo on the original posting "smpt" instead of "smtp" ?]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:53:10 AM »

I've tried several options for setting up email notices for a DCS-932L and nothing works.  I'm using a MacBook Pro running Lion, trying to set up a gmail.com account, and I'm setting up the camera directly from it's IP address on my network.  [Your service rep today told me to set up using the IP address because your website can only set up advanced settings using Internet Explorer, which I can't put on my MAC.]

The posted solution for gmail setup in the Forum did not fix it.  Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

[BTW, looks like there is a typo on the original posting "smpt" instead of "smtp" ?]

Thank you for pointing out the typo (Fixed!).  Please re-post your question on the DCS-932L board for the user community to see and address.

DarrylL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:09:13 AM »

DCS-930L may experience an inability to connect wirelessly if your wep/key for your router is too long; mine was 26 characters long, but as soon as I changed my routers settings from 128bit to 64 bit, and choose the option of ascii - I choose a simple 8 character pass-phrase, and no longer had wireless connection problems. 

To get to your home router to shorten your wep/key, simply find the IP address of your router via your home network, and you should find it in properties (after left clicking), then simply enter that ip address into the address bar of your browser, and it will automatically take you to the router set up screen.

The default logon for D-Link routers is "admin", leave pass-word empty and hit [enter].

I know this will be much helpful to others, who like I went through tech support twice, before recognizing the set-up software simply allows for limited characters in the wep/key.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »

DCS-930L may experience an inability to connect wirelessly if your wep/key for your router is too long; mine was 26 characters long, but as soon as I changed my routers settings from 128bit to 64 bit, and choose the option of ascii - I choose a simple 8 character pass-phrase, and no longer had wireless connection problems. 

To get to your home router to shorten your wep/key, simply find the IP address of your router via your home network, and you should find it in properties (after left clicking), then simply enter that ip address into the address bar of your browser, and it will automatically take you to the router set up screen.

The default logon for D-Link routers is "admin", leave pass-word empty and hit [enter].

I know this will be much helpful to others, who like I went through tech support twice, before recognizing the set-up software simply allows for limited characters in the wep/key.

Thank you for your contribution.  I will add this to our FAQ page.  ;)

Stormtrix

• Level 1 Member
    • IPS Report
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 04:58:20 PM »

Do not use 1 and 2MP Lens on the DCS-3716 Camera..  Try to stick with the appropriate
lens for a 3MP camera like a Kowa 9-20mm, 3.5-10mm, or a Theia 9-40mm..
It definitely can make a difference.
IPS Report | Surveillance News and Raw Video
http://www.ipsreport.com

fjohnson

• Level 1 Member
Re: email settings
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »

DCS-932L. Newbie with trouble setting up Email for images. Under Dlink setup, Mail, Email Account. I have Hotmail and have tried many settings and cannot find right settings. I found a couple of older posts that had partial answer but cant find the right combination of settings to successfully do a Test and pass.   Under SMTP I put 'mail.live.com'. ''25 for 'port'.

BedaHa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

Universal Port Forwarding Manual :

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Dlink/DCS-1130/Admin_Maintenance.htm

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »

Universal Port Forwarding Manual :

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Dlink/DCS-1130/Admin_Maintenance.htm

Thanks for your contribution. . . It may not be well advertised, but we already have an FAQ for Portforward.com:
DCS IP Cameras - Port Forwarding Tutorial (PortForward.com)

BedaHa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »

Sound distortion on DCS-1130 when using wireless :

Try CH1 on the Router. On the Channel 1 is distortion for Router WRT54GL practically null.

B.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:19:01 PM »

Sound distortion on DCS-1130 when using wireless :

Try CH1 on the Router. On the Channel 1 is distortion for Router WRT54GL practically null.

B.

Are you referring to video artifacts too or just sound distortions?
Can other DCS-1130 owners validate this approach as a fix? It's possible the geographic location where your DCS-1130 is being used has lots of interference on the other channels.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:38:17 AM by JavaLawyer »

BedaHa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:38 AM »

Audio distortion, ( periodic knock in the background ).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leu8pm08IEw

B.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Contribute to the Network Camera FAQ
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:07 AM »

Audio distortion, ( periodic knock in the background ).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leu8pm08IEw

B.

I see an improvement between your first camera and replacement, but the background audio distortion still seems to be there. Changing the Channel eliminates or reduces the sound further? If this is the case, the issue may be indicative of some local interference. We'll need other users to validate this. . . or you can try moving the camera to another location in your home to see if the sound persists.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:55:32 AM by JavaLawyer »