• April 24, 2024, 03:19:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: What is a good cam for security?  (Read 3518 times)

Monval

• Level 1 Member
What is a good cam for security?
« on: January 07, 2012, 01:30:17 AM »

Hi,
I just got 4 DCS932L to replace 4 Linksys WVC54GCA, bought many years ago. Like the Linksys ones, they are OK to check what's going on, but not as far as security purpose. The picture quality being sent via E-mail allows to recognize somebody you know (mostly through global shape and clothes), but not somebody you don't know like in case of burglery. The only difference between those cams is the night vision, not the picture quality.
I was considering to get a DCS 2230 which has better video and wifi. How is the picture quality during day and night? Is it much better than with the DCS932L and sufficient for face recognition?
Do you have better ways to use your cams for security purpose, how?
Thank you.

waninae39

• Level 1 Member
Re: What is a good cam for security?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:15:16 AM »

i have moved from dlink to axis
i found the dlink fw buggy, and support was poor, escpesially after the wuarantee stops (;

this is what i have moved to
AXIS P5532-E PTZ Dome Network Camera - network camera
one poe ethernet cable and it works outside even at night

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »

Thanks for your answer the cam you propose looks perfect except that it is over 2200Euros and the DCS2230 is 200Euros which is 10times less.
Is there anybody using a DCS 2230?

waninae39

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 11:01:24 AM »

the AXIS P5532-E PTZ Dome Network Camera is for OUTSIDE. it has everything for rain, snow , hot and cool
the dlink is for inside, it cost much more it you have to buy the outside case for it

my old 2156 with the case cost just $200 less the-at the axis  version, but it runs better

cheers

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 04:26:44 AM »

Thanks
I just add a DCS2230 and the picture quality is incredible compare to the DCS932L.
In addition, most of the time the DCS932L is in nightmode then B&W (during daytime or night with lights on), when the 2230 is in colour mode (during daytime or night with lights on).
but I don't know yet the quality of the mail being sent by the 2230 as my server address is not accepted (but is accepted with the 932L). It's crazy!