• March 29, 2024, 04:51:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-510 is no longer supported by D-link  (Read 6242 times)

sardanapal

• Level 1 Member
DSM-510 is no longer supported by D-link
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »

Just confirmed with Dlink customer service - DSM-510 is discontinued and no support calls are being accepted for it, starting Jan 1st 2010  :'(

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DSM-510 is no longer supported by D-link
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:40:55 AM »

Yes in Canada. Here in the US it is still supported.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

sardanapal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »

Too bad for me  :'( Well thanks ECF for all your advise, I actually liked DSM-510 and used it daily. Now I have a brick that would not turn on, and hence will be leaving this forum.

DSM-User-MW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »

I hope that DLINK doesnt STOP supporting this UPnp versatile product support!!

schauol1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 01:42:39 AM »

There are still unsolved issues with this device (the server-refresh issue) Looks like they can't find a solution so they simply stop supporting the Device.

Moral of the Story: D-Link no more!

sardanapal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:15 PM »

Well I am kinda thankfull that D-link Canada stopped supporting DSM-510. I sent three emails to customer care explaining that my device was RMAed TWICE already for the same problem, and since it was 1 year and a couple of months old I asked them if they can fix it, or suggest someone who can (I even offered to PAY for it). After initial response "We can not help you", all consecutive emails remained unanswered. So that made me look for another device. I found WDTV HD Live. And what a superior product that is compared to DSM-510. Full HDTV, way better UI, works perfect - does not loose connection, continues playing after pause, plays any format  you want (including MKV) and most importantly it does not need the Media Server, it works with Windows shares directly, so no more transcoding. I am glad my DSM-510 is dead.