• March 28, 2024, 05:37:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 942L will not hard reset  (Read 16948 times)

diggum

• Level 1 Member
942L will not hard reset
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:10:28 AM »

hi guys, i registered so i could post an issue i am having with my 942L

i had forgotten the password and as such it would not allow me to guess so i proceeded to hard reset the cam

however i have tried

6 & 10 sec hold reset button
hold reset while connecting power
with or without Ethernet cable (the latest program available has been able to detect the camera only 4 out of 20 times in resetting and i am presented with being unable to set a new password)
anytime the program has recognised the 942L and i attempted to put a password (new) in, it tries to save the pwd and ends up giving me a cannot store password error.

the camera was part of a static IP network, and the range is still available although when i attempted to hard-reset it, it showed me a new DHCP IP (while connected through ethernet) but i was unfortunately unable to reset or save a new password.

Can someone help please

diggum

• Level 1 Member
Re: 942L will not hard reset
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »

update, my 932L has met a similar fate,

i couldnt log in but it the camera was showing its feed on the mydlink page, so i attempted to reset the device

same fate as the 942L

but in order to reset them i tasked a router to behave as a dhcp server with my laptop and cameras connected via ethernet and updated utilities from the net and still no "dice"

please help, it would be a waste to not use these cameras

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 05:20:24 AM »

The reset button is a recessed hole on the rear of the cameras and requires a paperclip to press and hold. Is that the button you've been using?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

diggum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:08:26 AM »

Yes the reset button at the back of both cameras

Holding on for 6~10 sec to no avail

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:15:23 AM »

Connect the camera to your router via a wired connection. Do you see the DCS-942L on the router networked device table? If you enter the camera IP into a browser on a PC connected to your LAN do you see the DCS-942L login page?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:43:16 AM by JavaLawyer »

diggum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »

No I cannot see it networked when connected through Ethernet

The cameras were on a static ip though, and I have tried by leaving my Ethernet as static and as well as Dhcp when connected via Ethernet to a router that the cameras have been connected to.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »

No I cannot see it networked when connected through Ethernet

The cameras were on a static ip though, and I have tried by leaving my Ethernet as static and as well as Dhcp when connected via Ethernet to a router that the cameras have been connected to.

Try the following:

• Remove all wired and wireless devices from the router (you can disable the wireless radio to avoid new devices from connecting)
  • Make sure the router is set to DHCP and has an IP range that the DCS-942L falls within
  • Remove any device reservations configured within the router (this will avoid a potential conflict)
  • Reboot the router and then reboot the camera
  • Look for the camera in the network device table in the router

BTW - what router do you own?

diggum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:44 PM »

An apple AirPort Extreme gen5

I basically reset the extreme, in dhcp mode and connected my laptop and the 942L through Ethernet and hard rest the camera

But still no dice,  the Ethernet port in my pc is on dhcp

diggum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 06:34:04 AM »

Anyone????

I am still connected to a router that is transmitting dhcp, with my laptop and the cameras all connected through the Ethernet switch contained in the AEBS, all of the devices in dhcp mode,

Cameras turn on, go through the flashing sequences after a hard reset but the utilities, updated or CD ROM based, cannot see the devices, except sporadically when they ask for a password that does not work

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »

Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting.
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.

Has the main host router been reset and set up from scratch and then reserved IPs for each device on the router?

Once the camera gets an IP address, it's web UI page should be accessible from any PC or other devices that can connect...The CD isn't really needed to configure it.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 08:27:41 AM »

Any update?  ???

diggum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 09:05:43 AM »

Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting.
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.

Has the main host router been reset and set up from scratch and then reserved IPs for each device on the router?

Once the camera gets an IP address, it's web UI page should be accessible from any PC or other devices that can connect...The CD isn't really needed to configure it.

Yeah I have 3 routers so I disconnected one from the pool and reset it to dhcp, and thus both my laptop and cameras are on dhcp , but I couldn't access the cameras webpage

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »

Even using a different router, you were unable to access both the DCS-932L and DCS-942L? And you reset the DCS-932L as well?

diggum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 12:35:40 AM »

Even using a different router, you were unable to access both the DCS-932L and DCS-942L? And you reset the DCS-932L as well?

That is correct

diggum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 04:46:40 AM »

Still waiting for help, I wouldn't been this persistent if the units weren't booting or the error codes kept flashing, but its just that I feel the units can be restarted if they could be reset in some way
Pages: [1] 2