• May 15, 2024, 05:09:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2 DNS-323 ftp servers  (Read 3894 times)

usmarine0622

• Level 2 Member
2 DNS-323 ftp servers
« on: February 08, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »

Hello everyone I was wondering if you could have 2 of these on the same network and both have the ftp server on. I have one of them set to port 21 and I'm using ddns to access it. the 2nd one I'm using port 1025 and i have it forwarded on my router. I'm using the program cutftp to access the information on the 2nd dns. it logs in fine but it always time out when it try to pull up the root directory. Am i doing something wrong here?

Buhric

• Level 3 Member
Re: 2 DNS-323 ftp servers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »

Well if you are using PASV mode.... dont forget to use a different set of Ports on each DNS-323
and also redirect them on the router to the correct DNS-323.

Or try using PORT instead of PASV in CuteFTP...

usmarine0622

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »

thanks for the reply, i changed to port and it works now using the ftp software. When i try to access it using windows explorer or internet explorer it doesn't work. In internet explorer the username and password screen pop up, i type in my information and hit enter. Then it says page can not get displayed. When trying to do it in windows explorer i get, a error as occurred opening that folder on the ftp server, details: 200 type is now ascII, 227 entering passive mode. any thought on that?

Buhric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »

Yep... Internet Explorer tries to use PASV (passive) mode also...
Go to your Control Panel, and open up Internet Options....
In the "Advanced" tab, scroll down until you see a line that says
"Use Passive FTP" ... should be under the "Browsing" Category... just disable Passive mode... and it shoul work

But if you are using Windows Explorer... you can simply map or browse to the DNS without using FTP...
ie.: \\DNSIP\ (\\192.168.1.125\)
or browse you "Network" and it shuld appear there... if not... then recheck the config page of the DNS-323 and make sure its in the same workgroupd has your PC