• March 28, 2024, 02:03:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless Connectivity after 1.05 upgrade  (Read 9818 times)

lbaggett

Wireless Connectivity after 1.05 upgrade
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:07:05 AM »

Greetings...

I have applied the 1.05 firmware and I now have an issue with my wireless repeaters maintaining connection with the router.

I have used all of the firmware revisions with limited acceptable results and all the related issues, rebooting being the most often faced issue.

BTW, My hardwired equipment to the router works fine, both FIXED IP and DHCP clients, so this is a total wireless issue.

This is my configuration...

WBR-2310 Revision A
WEP secured.
SSID Hidden.
All wireless equipment running G mode only.
Extended mode enabled.
High channel selection - Though I have gone through all channels with the same results.
High gain external antenna.
Clear line of sight on all outdoor equipment to external equipment. All within 50 feet.
UPNP disabled.
WAN PING disabled.
Short preamble.

All this works for about an hour, then connectivity is lost, we have to hard reset everything on the wireless side and connectivity is then restored. Pinging all equipment average time is < 2ms, so its not a range issue. Or shouldn't be. Interference from any cordless equipment is not an issue, we all have cells. Even under the best circumstances, in the test bed shop of all equipment right next to each other. The best up time on the wireless side is 6 hours before everything has to be reset. Sometimes just the remote equipment has to be reset, however it always comes down to resetting the router to gain the maximum up time.

Any suggestions?

arod

Re: Wireless Connectivity after 1.05 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »

AwShuxs,

Disabling SSID broadcast (Hidden Wireless) and enabling Extended Range Mode will not work. Try switching one of the options. For example: Enable Extended Range and broadcast SSID to show SSID or Disable SSID broadcast and uncheck the Extended Range Mode box.

lbaggett

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the configuration stated. Enable the SSID broadcast and disabled extended mode, up time was avearge of 30-45 mins for a 12 hour period. Enabled extended mode the average uptime jumped to 4 hours over 12 hours.  So basically the same issue.

Are there any changes to the default values to the advanced section such DTIM and Beacon Interval that could be suggested? Or should these values be left as default?

Regards

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »

Just a random thought... are you using DHCP?

If so what is the lease renwal time set to?

If it's set to twice the time that your wireless DHCP clients are crashing out.... there is your problem.

If not, then I'm sorry to have bothered you with this... I have learned about this one the hard way!!!!!

lbaggett

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 01:20:23 PM »

Just to try your theory out here, I disabled DHCP on the router and went total static.

Let's see how it goes.

Regards

Megabite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »

I have a similar issue with the 1.05 firmware where the wireless completely vanishes and my wireless laptops cannot connect or even see the router from within the "Wireless Network Connection" window.  My wired computers can ping the router just fine, but I cannot load the administration website to check the status of the router.  The wireless "light" on the router is also flashing as it normally does when there is little or no wireless traffic.  The only way to get the wireless working and the admin web page working is by power cycling the router (I have not tried the reset button though.)  I've put the router back to 1.04 and this problem does not seem occur.

charly

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »

Hello, I had exactly the same issue with the 1.05 firmware: " the wireless completely vanishes and my wireless laptops cannot connect or even see the router from within the "Wireless Network Connection" window.  My wired computers can ping the router just fine, but I cannot load the administration website to check the status of the router.  The wireless "light" on the router is also flashing as it normally does when there is little or no wireless traffic.  The only way to get the wireless working and the admin web page working is by power cycling the router (I have not tried the reset button though.)"

The Dlink was connected to a "videotron" modem - a high speed internet cable 5Mb/s.
When doing strong downloads with "vista and bitlord" , the issue described above occured every day.
Recently I switch to another house. Now the Dlink is connected to an ADSL line - slower than 5Mb/s. The rooter goes well with 1.04 firmware, even when we download with Ubuntu and Deluge (bitlord like).
It gives the feeling that the rooter doesn't managed some overflow.

The firmware needs to be finished. During this time, Forums are telling very bad things about this router. Those little bugs give you a very bad publicity. This router is not bad but honestly it's too buggy to be recommanded. That's a shame. Why doesn't Dlink open the firmware like some other do? Dlink teams will spend hours understanding what's happening. The community would solve the problem in few days.

Why don't you open the firmware? Your core business is not in this part and you are really paying for that !

chazzo

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »

I also am having the same connectivity issues.  And its getting 2 be a pain 2 keep power cycling the router.

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 12:37:35 PM »

I also am having the same connectivity issues.  And its getting 2 be a pain 2 keep power cycling the router.

I wonder if we all have the SAME problem as this one:

"Wireless disappears with 1.05, 1.05b15 firmware"

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=2481.0

My router runs for about 10 or 12 days and then the wireless just goes away. I need to reboot to recover it.