• April 23, 2024, 03:40:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Turned to Wired net and no problems with movies/mediaserver/etc again!!  (Read 4027 times)

TommyTheOne

• Level 1 Member

Had this for about 1/2 year and it worked 50% I would say. Couldent log onto wireless net, dident find media Server, movies went to slow motions or sound problems.

It all went away when I cut off using the Wireless, and started to use cable insted. Now I never have problems finding the server or with playing movies.

Think its the hardware thats not good enough for running with wireless. Try it out!

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member

What is the point of this fix then?? I bought this unit for the WIRELESS option. Not too mention why is it that Dlink isn't doing anything to fix any of these problems?! Many hardware issues/conflicts and NO firmware upgrade/fix since LAST march.  Getting ready to get another make/model unit that streams in HD.

TommyTheOne

• Level 1 Member

So true. I also bought it for the wireless. Its just a bad product, they propably should have had a longer test period for it before letting it out on the marked. Or maybe they knew about the problem all along. I think its bad that D-link don't care about the people that buy their products. I'm not buying another media center from them again, after the way they handling products like this.

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member

Posted this in a few posts, but 510 can play all HD content including MKV files.........just goto Tversity.com and download 1.5 and install that and run your 510 through the Tversity media server software, WORKS GREAT...........Thanks Dlink for not telling anyone about this and supporting only crap like NERO
Ya I'm bitter about this, because it took me over a YEAR to get this working correctlly and had to do the research all on my own and from these forums.........thanks for the tidbits along the way fellow Dlink USERS.........my hat is off.......

manusz

• Level 2 Member

D-Link has so many MM servers, that i can`t understand why they released this model, even worst, why the heck did I bought it! It doesn`t supports mkv (H.264)