• April 23, 2024, 10:51:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is there beta firmware available for this device?  (Read 3509 times)

Toz

Is there beta firmware available for this device?
« on: September 17, 2008, 06:17:18 AM »

I bought my DSM-510 in January 2008, then about 2 weeks later bought an EVA8000 from Netgear. I've been using the EVA since then with my 50" plasma primarily because of the MKV support. What I'm wondering is if D-Link has a beta firmware program similar to Netgear's. They offer quite a few enhanced features for those willing to tolerate a few quirks with the device - I've been pleased for the most part with their betas.

I want to use the D-link for my 32" CRT since I have it, but really don't want to have to transcode 250+ videos.

equallywrong

• Level 1 Member
Re: Is there beta firmware available for this device?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »

It a good chance .mkv will never be supported. My opinion on this ... most of the .mkv's I've heard of are stolen rips of high def (let's be real here i'm talking about blu-ray) movies. It is easy to see there is a nice push by normal people to avoid stolen high def movies and rent them solely from Netflix or Blockbuster. So, at this time and probably for some time in the future the US/N.America is probably not going to be aware of or needing .mkv support. Sorry if this is something you didn't want to hear.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Is there beta firmware available for this device?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »

I am sorry but .mkv will not be supported on the DSM-510. If anything the DSM-750 may have ability to support this format however I do not know of any plans to support .mkv. H264 is available on the DSM-750 which provides the same high quality video.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream