• April 18, 2024, 09:55:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: accessing admin features from user port  (Read 2908 times)

gordo999

• Level 1 Member
accessing admin features from user port
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »

I'm sure this has been answered but plugging 'user' into the search engine returns too many irrelevant answers.

I have a laptop set up downstairs and use wireless to connect to the WBR-2310. It's a hassle running upstairs to change the admin settings via the computer up there, and there's likely to be someone using it who isn't too pleased with me interrupting their session.

Unfortunately, the laptop downstairs is classified as a user input, hence deemed read only by D-Link. Is there a way to alter that? It seems odd that the user account can't be given admin privileges if desired.

Another question. I have an older desktop at my downstairs station, but it has a Cisco wireless adapter in it. Is there a way for me to connect to the router upstairs via the laptop, or do I have to buy a D-Link wireless adapter?

cloon

• Level 2 Member
Re: accessing admin features from user port
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »

Hi,
   you only have to login using the "admin" credentials.  Any computer on your network can. Even people outside your network can if you have configure it that way..

cloon