• April 19, 2024, 01:41:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Replacing old router with D-Link  (Read 3598 times)

fride360

• Level 1 Member
Replacing old router with D-Link
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:03:22 PM »

I just bought a D-Link 615 router to replace my Linksys.  I first unplugged the ethernet cable that came from my computer and plugged it into the back of my modem to keep my internet connection live.  After doing this I had no internet connection.  This is my first problem.  Second after running the installation cd the router doesn't connect.  All the lights come on, I just don't have an internet connection.  If I plug my Linksys router back in I have the connection back.  When I try to run the cd again it says I need to reset the D-Link router to its original settings.  I tried holding in the reset button for 40 seconds and it didn't work.

Type-A

• Level 1 Member
Re: Replacing old router with D-Link
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »

I had the same problem as you...with the old Linksys it was darn near plug n play!
(1)  Make sure you are running the lastest firmware on the DIR-615
(2)  Change the IP addy of the DIR-615 from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.5.1 - this took care of my conflicts with the router and modem
After making these two changes, I haven't had a problem with dropping my internet connection.