• April 19, 2024, 03:02:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS5-222L hundreds of false positives Motion Detection on Night Mode  (Read 5260 times)

tpreadi

• Level 1 Member

I recently purchased this camera and it hasn't worked properly from day 1.  I took the camera to the service center and they replaced it.  The first camera was version B and this one Version A.  Same problem on both cameras  - On Day mode, it does not detect motion with some exceptions but can't work out why.  On night mode however I get hundreds and the first night I  had over 2 thousand emails.   I've sent emails to support to which I only received an automated reply. This camera is pretty useless and is of no use without the motion detect function working.  The Service Center here in Hong Kong is pretty useless as it's only an agent for D-Link as well as being agents for other companies  and not much English being spoken.
Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this.  I have an older DCS-5222L in Bangkok working without a problem.
Thanks

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS5-222L hundreds of false positives Motion Detection on Night Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 06:49:59 PM »

Is your camera behind a window a night?

Are you using motion or PIR detection?