• March 28, 2024, 01:00:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: firmware page searches for us firmware by default - can i change this  (Read 8051 times)

buach

• Level 1 Member

hi,

i am a uk user with the uk 1.03 firmware installed, but the firmware page is telling me that 1.04 is available. 1.04 is not for uk users - if i follow the link from the firmware page it assumes i am from north america, and there is no option to link to a uk version.

can i change anything in the router so it searches for updated firmware for uk versions of the dir-655?

AWDL

• Level 3 Member

Did you purchase the unit with 1.03 firmware on it or did you upgrade? Where did you get the 1.03 firmware from, if you upgraded.

This forum beta is for US registered users of the D-Link Xtreme N products. I have notified US PM of your situation to notifiy Taiwan to make sure you did not recieve US coded products into the UK. D-Link US PM verified our firmware XML file still points to 1.03, so the problem my lie with the UK XML information pointing to US site.

If you noticed some of the other posts here. People seem to get the most speed and use out of the 1.02 firmware in the US. The certified firmware 1.03 and 1.04 are just that, certified to some standard that is not neccessarily driven by speed.
Meanest person you know

buach

• Level 1 Member

i got the firmware from the uk site.

the router came with 1.02, but i immediately upgraded to 1.03. but i have since been back to 1.02, and then back to 1.03. 1.03 definitely came from the uk.

AWDL

• Level 3 Member

You may than want to contact you UK support in Tandem with me sending your problem through to Taiwan.
Meanest person you know

buach

• Level 1 Member
Re: firmware page searches for us firmware by default - can i change this
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »

You may than want to contact you UK support in Tandem with me sending your problem through to Taiwan.

i dunno about that. i contacted uk support about something else, and during the email, and subsequent emails, i told them clearly and concisely that dmz and upnp were switched off, and they gave me repeated replies telling me to check these very items.

they apparently can't be bothered to read the full message you send them.

forums are much better. people on forums are interested, but cs is frequently not - unfortunately :(

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
Re: firmware page searches for us firmware by default - can i change this
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:52:54 PM »

Your problem should go bye-bye in the near term. On the next major firmware change (after 1.04) you will get a long term fix if things go as planned.
Meanest person you know