The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DSM-510

new 510 with issues

(1/2) > >>

smurph:
I have just got & set-up a DSM-510, and have some questions / issues.
I am using it wirelessly with Tiversity, and have it successfully connected to PC.
1. During music playback sound quality is poor, and sound ceases near song end for period until next song which starts ok. Strangely sound is better when d-link volume is down and TV is up - but this is terrible when reverting back to std. TV.
2. During video playback, after several minutes (varies), playback ceases and I am told "Communication Error - No response from the server".

Any ideas on either issue?

Also, when playing an item, and then look thru files, is there a quick key to get back to the playing item, as I can't detect on remote or in manual?
What is best media software.

JavaLawyer:
Do you experience the video playback issue using a wired connection?  I'm thinking you may have a buffer under-run issue.

smurph:
I haven't tried a wired connection, and was hoping not to.
How could I fix "a buffer under-run issue"?

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: smurph on September 29, 2010, 12:40:01 PM ---I haven't tried a wired connection, and was hoping not to.
How could I fix "a buffer under-run issue"?

--- End quote ---

The demands of high resolution video may be too much for your wireless connection to handle -- i.e. the wireless connection may not be able to push data to the 510 fast enough to keep up with demand, resulting in a choppy picture or lost communication.

Try the wired connection to rule out any other cause.

smurph:
Thanks, will do although that may take some time.
Note: its happening with mp3s!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version