• April 16, 2024, 12:37:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HELP: How do I record and store to DLink Storage?  (Read 8457 times)

Christine00

• Level 1 Member
HELP: How do I record and store to DLink Storage?
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:35:23 PM »

I purchased Dlink camera and Dlink network storage because I wanted to record and store the recordings to the storage. However, it does not store. Can someone help me out how to record and store to storage? I tried both My Surveillance from the storage and D-viewcam from the camera.

My surveillance does not store the recordings to the storage, as scheduled. It only stores when my PC is on and the recording is not visible, unless I manually back up. The schedule is removed, if I shut down my PC, although I do not turn off the storage. (The storage is directly connected to a router, not through my PC.) This should not happen because My surveillance is managed through web browser.

D-viewcam stores recordings only when the D-viewcam is open.

No where in their manual for both camera and storage explains this.

Dlink support is horrible. The free support either does not answer the phone or my calls are all forwarded to their premium support. The premium support rep who answered my call 4 times hung up the phone in the middle of the conversation. Another rep told me she does not know about this.

I really do not want to return all my Dlink equipment.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:01:34 AM by Christine00 »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: HELP: How do I record and store to DLink Storage?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

I purchased Dlink camera and Dlink network storage because I wanted to record and store the recordings to the storage. However, it does not store. Can someone help me out how to record and store to storage? I tried both My Surveillance from the storage and D-viewcam. However, My surveillance does not store the recordings to the storage, as scheduled. I can only see backup if I manually back up. D-viewcam stores recordings only when the D-viewcam is open.

No where in their manual for both camera and storage explains this.

Dlink support is horrible. The free support either does not answer the phone or my calls are all forwarded to their premium support. The premium support rep who answered my call 4 times hung up the phone in the middle of the conversation. Another rep told me she does not know about this.

I really do not want to return all my Dlink equipment.

Thanks in advance.

okay - we know you have a 5222L cam... which storage piece did you buy?

or do I need to expand my search and look in dlink cloud storage which I do not use?

Christine00

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »

It is DNS-327L.

I did not include my storage info because I thought that this is just a storage and it is more about the software-My Surveillance- that comes with it...

I believe anyone who uses this particular camera and any D-Link storage that has My Surveillance could help.

I modified my original posting for better explanation of my situation.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:44:35 PM by Christine00 »

sim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »

How do you have My Surveillance setup? Have you added the 5222l to the webUI on the ShareCenter.

Also to make it easier to troubleshoot set the NAS to always record from the IP camera.

I think maybe you used the backup option in setup but recording setup needs to be done to record from the IP camera's.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:39:49 AM by sim »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:57:01 AM »

The Surveillance Center app on the DNS-327L should provide the option to add the DCS-5222L. Once installed, you should be able to monitor and record live streams directly from the NAS. The NAS can also manage motion detection events and scheduled recording.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC