• April 16, 2024, 06:10:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Port-forwarding and SSH are not working with the 615  (Read 10358 times)

aedes

• Level 1 Member
Port-forwarding and SSH are not working with the 615
« on: December 22, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »

I have had numerous problems with the DIR 615 since upgrading a while back from a DI 524.

1) This router will not port-forward anything. I can port-forward fine if I use my old router, but the 615 just won't work. You can read about some of my attempts here:

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1253036943

2) I cannot SSH into my iphone, through this router. Again, if I am using the old 524, SSH works fine.

The problem is not a software one, as I have disabled both windows firewall, and my AV with no success.

At this point, unless someone can magically point out what I've been doing wrong the entire time, I really just want to completely disable any firewall capability this router has for short periods of time, so that I can successfully port-forward, SSH, etc. until I can buy an alternate router.

However, I can't seem to successfully do this either. Any suggestions on either disabling the firewall capability of the 615 completely, or getting port-forwarding or SSH to work, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
Re: Port-forwarding and SSH are not working with the 615
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:44:29 AM »

Not good news, I just did alot of testing and not anything related to allowing incoming traffic is working for the 615 3.11NA firmware.
virtual server            NO
port forwarding         NO
DMZ                        NO
remote management   NO

I cannot believe this router is so broken, its not ready for public consumption.

DLINK is you are reading this, a TON of these devices were sold on black friday
I hope your support lines are prepared for the call load after Christmas when
everyone opens this as a gift and tries to actually use the thing.

dduer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »

Replaced my DI-604 with the 615. Have tried everything to ssh into my server - worked fine on my 604, cannot get this work on the 615. Virtual server and port forwarding both fail. Cannot access any ports, not just 22.

Has anyone been able to get this work with the 615? My firmware version is  5.00NA , Tue, 01 Dec 2009.

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:49:33 AM »

What is your revision? It is written on the box as "H/W Ver."

kukubau

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 04:04:05 AM »

Try DDWRT firmware!

tukya96

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 05:25:55 AM »

i portforwarded a ot server but when i logged in the server crashed but without my router its work perfectly i dont know why?