• April 17, 2024, 06:36:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Non-admin user can't use PTZ  (Read 2689 times)

withanHdammit

• Level 1 Member
Non-admin user can't use PTZ
« on: February 22, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »

I just purchased a DCS-5030L and am direct connecting to it (not using the D-Link cloud) via the IP address and Internet Explorer.

I created a user to be able to sign in to the camera and view the feed, but the user cannot change the view of the camera.  When I try to do so, it asks for the username/password again.  This is whether I use the arrow keys to change the view or if I select a preset view.  Only the administrator can use the PTZ functions of the camera.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any advice!

h

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Non-admin user can't use PTZ
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:21:02 PM »

I believe that would sound correct for whatever reason from dlink.  (There should be a post or 2 here about this.)

Try this - use one of those 3rd party apps for android/iphone, and your guest account - and see if you can PTZ from there.  That might be the only chance to work around it.

withanHdammit

• Level 1 Member
Re: Non-admin user can't use PTZ
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »

That's disappointing!

Maybe I can get something like that to work, I actually wasn't able to get it to stream to anything other than IE.  No FF, no Chrome, no Safari, no iPhone (FF, Chrome, Safari).

I appreciate the reply and suggestion!