• April 19, 2024, 03:05:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can no longer access my camera, red light  (Read 14847 times)

just0

• Level 1 Member
Can no longer access my camera, red light
« on: September 11, 2016, 06:58:41 PM »

SO i noticed that this week that my camera had stopped sending me emails, and then I received the DLink message that my camera was disconnected. When I came home I noticed that the red LED was on steady. I noticed mainly as my front is dark and the red LED lit up my entire window.

Dlink DCS-942LB1

I powered it off and on - solid red
I factory reset - no change, solid red
I powered it off, held down the reset button and then plugged it back in - blinking red light. At least it was something

Now when I follow the steps to get the blinking red light and then hit the reset button, it immediately turns green... BUT neither Dlink lite on my Android, Dlink cloud app in Chrome, or the Dlink camera setup in Windows detects my camera....

Any suggestions? I'm not in the position to run out and buy another one, as the only affordable ones now are refurbished D-link942l's at Best Buy

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

*Edit*
It does not appear in the list of connected devices on my router. It's the only thing plugged in via LAN and the #4 light is on but in the LAN address table, it's blank.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:04:57 PM by just0 »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Can no longer access my camera, red light
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:09:05 PM »

You might want to try emergency recovery mode.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.msg163599#msg163599

I was able to bring a 5222L back to life

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=64392.0

That lasted for quite a while.  Oh it's dead again, red light... I'll have to do the steps again.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can no longer access my camera, red light
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 07:35:33 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.94  DHCP

SO i noticed that this week that my camera had stopped sending me emails, and then I received the DLink message that my camera was disconnected. When I came home I noticed that the red LED was on steady. I noticed mainly as my front is dark and the red LED lit up my entire window.

Dlink DCS-942LB1

I powered it off and on - solid red
I factory reset - no change, solid red
I powered it off, held down the reset button and then plugged it back in - blinking red light. At least it was something

Now when I follow the steps to get the blinking red light and then hit the reset button, it immediately turns green... BUT neither Dlink lite on my Android, Dlink cloud app in Chrome, or the Dlink camera setup in Windows detects my camera....

Any suggestions? I'm not in the position to run out and buy another one, as the only affordable ones now are refurbished D-link942l's at Best Buy

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

*Edit*
It does not appear in the list of connected devices on my router. It's the only thing plugged in via LAN and the #4 light is on but in the LAN address table, it's blank.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.