• March 28, 2024, 07:14:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How block admin access page on Wireless ?  (Read 4039 times)

Tangu

• Level 1 Member
How block admin access page on Wireless ?
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »

Hi guys,

I just got this DIR-615 router, rev E1 with firmware 5.00NA (current firmware). 

Is there a way i can block access to the admin page when i am on wireless ?  I've search everywhere here on the forum, google, and the manual, no mention ?

Can someone open my eye on this? :)

thanks!

Skello

• Level 3 Member
Re: How block admin access page on Wireless ?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:02:10 AM »

I don't think you can. All LAN and WLAN IPs can access the interface. There is only the option to enable/disable remote (WAN) management.

I'd be inclined to try an ACCESS CONTROL policy under ADVANCED, which might give you control per device, not all WLAN, but I have doubts it will work for LAN websites, like the router Web interface is.

Your best option is to set a solid password for the admin account if you don't want wireless clients messing with it.

Tangu

• Level 1 Member
Re: How block admin access page on Wireless ?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 05:14:32 AM »

Well, as long as the user cannot connect to the WPA2 wireless, he doesn't have access to the http page for administration...

The other option will be to install DD-WRT on it...

But i am disapointed because my DIR-655 have the option to disable admin access on wireless, so Dlink just have to implement this option too on the DIR-615, this option should be default on all Dlink routers....