• April 26, 2024, 07:37:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Network Status: Establishing (please wait...) Error  (Read 9079 times)

vicwac

• Level 1 Member
Network Status: Establishing (please wait...) Error
« on: December 23, 2009, 04:50:33 AM »

I just got a brand new DIR-855 and am having the abovementioned problem. It first started with my DIR-655, I was using it fine for almost a year and suddenly overnight this problem happened, and it wasn't even due to a firmware upgrade. After weeks of trying to solve it, I decided to buy a new router, thinking that it might be due to my DIR-655, but it's giving me exactly the same problem, fresh out of the box.

My DGL-4300 works fine (so does my Linksys BEFW11S4), it connects within seconds of starting up. I can't figure out why my modem won't assign an IP address to the 655 or 855. I've tried all the usual stuff, power cycling, unplugging everything overnight, returned my 655 to Dlink customer service TWICE, etc., but nothing has worked.

I'm running a Motorola SB6100 Cable Modem on Starhub Cable Internet in Singapore. My 655 is on 1.21WW firmware and my 855 is on 1.11WW.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

MLGTWISTED

• Level 2 Member
Re: Network Status: Establishing (please wait...) Error
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »

I'd replace the modem.

Guz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »

Look in your modem logs. In my case i had the same problem. In the logs there were lots of t3 timeouts. Googled and found out it was most likely a problem with the ISP cable connections. Sure enough ISP technician came by my house, and there was a bad wall socket coax connector. Once it got replaced no more connection errors  ;D

systematic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 01:10:01 AM »

Chaps,

Im facing the exact same issue.

Dir-855 has been working fine for about the best part of a year but since December 6th the router has been flicking back and forward to an offline state. When the router displays "online" it's misleading as the computer(s) receive an APIPA (169.x.x.x) when attempting to connect to the www.

Tested the laptop whilst connected directly to the Cable modem - works fine. Took the cable out of the laptop and placed it into the internet port on DIR-855 and nothing - just displays an "offline" state. Logged into the router main page and I see the thread topic message. Please see screensot below:

I've reset the router back to default settings via the button to no avail.

It would seem that router is dodgy as the connection works fine when connected directly to the modem however, the comments above indicate an issue with the modem - maybe it cant feed the right power to the router perhaps?

I have an engineer coming out this morning - I will ask him to replace the modem to see if this can fire up the router to an online state. If not, then HELP!

The only tests I haven't performed are trying a new different model router on my network (which im guessing will work) or take the 855 to my friends house and hook it up to his network to see if the problem is replicated (which I am sure it wont be).

Also, I would love to check out the modem logs but unfortunately I do not have the software/IP to do that.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:22:45 AM by systematic »

systematic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »

Turns out their is a fault in the area and other users in Manchester, UK are affected by this problem too.