• March 28, 2024, 04:13:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RTSP support?  (Read 41893 times)

morkfard

• Level 1 Member
RTSP support?
« on: September 24, 2018, 04:52:49 AM »

Hi I'm trying to aggregate feeds from multiple cameras, and I heard that this product can support RTSP in another forum.  However, the documentation leaves much to be desired, and it only speaks to the app.  I'm specifically trying to find the RTSP path for the video stream.  Thoughts?  I'm going to contact support but thought I'd ask here first.  I'll post my findings if I succeed, but please post any insights.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:55:11 AM by morkfard »

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: RTSP support?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:25:42 AM »

Unfortunately the DCS-8xxxLH series removed HTTP/RTSP support and can only be accessed by the mydlink app.

morkfard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 11:35:49 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply.  That seems pretty arbitrary.  I’ll see what support comes back with to see if there’s an update to that.  If RTSP is removed, I’ll have to return this.  It would be a shame because it seems pretty decent so far. 

Requiring an app basically says that I need an Android or iOS phone to view video, which is pretty restrictive for something I paid money for.

Again, I’ll find out more and post any updates.  Thanks again.

morkfard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »

Well, I basically got the “Sorry ‘bout cha” talk for DLink customer support.  Granted that support cannot do anything.  Hopefully this will warn people off this product whom have the same use-case as me.  Basically, I have other non-DLink camera that I want to have centralized viewing access.  Now, I’ll probably return this camera, but it’s a shame since RTSP used to be supported.  Seems like a money grab to me since the protocol is pretty basic.  Hopefully, DLink comes to its senses on this.  Doubtful.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »

I completely understand you returning the camera if it does not fit your needs. I am sure they removed it for security reasons just on this line (I was surprised they removed it too). Hopefully in the future they will include RTSP, at least as an option to turn on/off and port selection.  Plus remember these are consumer cameras and probably 90%+ of customers do not know what RTSP is. So, not really a cash grab.

morkfard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »

Yeah, you are right.  Just a little peeved on my end.  I would like the option to be more of a power user accepting the security risks.  Thanks for being responsive.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 09:07:13 PM »

No prob and I understand being peeved. I know with this line of cameras they wanted it to be simplified app-only for the customers but unfortunately the advanced users get limited usability. We have addressed this with the camera group and vendor so they are aware.

larserikjensen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 12:56:36 AM »

Hi,
Any news on this? Has RTSP been enabled? I want to use this camera with Synology Surveillance Station.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 07:01:03 AM »

Not on the 8300LH unfortunately. This last firmware release added streaming support on other dcs-8xxxLH cameras but not the 8300. I assume the next firmware release will have it but I will double-check. Not sure why they wouldn't have added it unless it is a different vendor from the other models.

roycruse

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 09:32:38 AM »

Dont update firmware and use the following URLS.

FULL HD:    rtsp://admin:admin@[ip addr]:554/stream1

720p:    rtsp://admin:admin@[ip addr]:554/stream2

sierratango

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »

Thanks @roycruse.

Can anyone please confirm if these RTSP URLs still work with the latest firmware?

klimeck

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 01:12:18 PM »

I tried it, without any result. I am not sure which username/password I have to use. My standard login name is not working.

pappysven

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 05:28:54 PM »

Not on the 8300LH unfortunately. This last firmware release added streaming support on other dcs-8xxxLH cameras but not the 8300. I assume the next firmware release will have it but I will double-check. Not sure why they wouldn't have added it unless it is a different vendor from the other models.
Hello, i want to find a camera working with google home AND rstp (for synology).
Impossible to find one. Can you give the models wich support the stream with the last firmware ? it tried the firmware changelog in every DCS-8XXX camera but didn't find anything... thanks !

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 07:08:48 AM »

The DCS-8xxxLH series cameras will not support RTSP for 3rd party apps or NVR support. They will work with Google Home. Older models will work - The DCS-936L (same as the DCS-8010LH) and the DCS-5030L (similar to the DCS-8525LH) will support Google Home and work with 3rd party NVR and apps. Actually all D-Link's cameras except the 8xxxLH series do support RTSP but not all support Google Home.

Yawron

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »

I tried it, without any result. I am not sure which username/password I have to use. My standard login name is not working.
Here are the information you need to enter to get the RTSP to work with video.

Code: [Select]
rtsp://admin:<pincode>@192.168.5.145:554/stream1
The pincode is on the ID tag on the bottom of the camera mount. Hope this helps  :)
Pages: [1] 2