• April 18, 2024, 05:38:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Why would my PC and 360 see the 323 and files BUT...  (Read 3659 times)

CARB1DE

• Level 1 Member
Why would my PC and 360 see the 323 and files BUT...
« on: June 29, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »

Why would my PC and 360 see the 323 and files but on the 360 there are no vid files...which there is nothin but vid files?

I shut down the 323, restarted it and such but its still not showing files on the 360...but the PC can see them

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Why would my PC and 360 see the 323 and files BUT...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

More information needed. What firmware is your 323 running. Did you already log in and click the REFRESH button on the UPNP AV server page?

CARB1DE

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:46:12 PM »

More information needed. What firmware is your 323 running. Did you already log in and click the REFRESH button on the UPNP AV server page?

im running the 1.06 fireware cauze I dont see a need for the 1.07 if it formats the drive ans such when you update it.....also I clicked the refresh button many times, restarted the unit, tried 2 different xboxs and still nothing, I also disabled and re-enabled the units UPnP to see if that could have refreshed it also.  I have no idea whats goin on atm so im transfering all the vids I got to my PC and gonna format the unit with also the 1.07 just in case, BUT it was working perfectly last night then this morning it just, quit. so I have not a clue anymore been tryin to figure it out all day

Chill

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 05:20:06 AM »

im running the 1.06 fireware cauze I dont see a need for the 1.07 if it formats the drive ans such when you update it.....also I clicked the refresh button many times, restarted the unit, tried 2 different xboxs and still nothing, I also disabled and re-enabled the units UPnP to see if that could have refreshed it also.  I have no idea whats goin on atm so im transfering all the vids I got to my PC and gonna format the unit with also the 1.07 just in case, BUT it was working perfectly last night then this morning it just, quit. so I have not a clue anymore been tryin to figure it out all day

Most routers have UPnP settings. Perhaps your UPnP setting is disabled on the router side.

Just a thought

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »

Check to see if one of you video files contains any special characters such as @. If a file or folder contains this character and some others the Xbox will see the entire folder as empty. Just rename the file or folder removing this character. @ is probably the most common character seen to do this.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

CARB1DE

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »

Most routers have UPnP settings. Perhaps your UPnP setting is disabled on the router side.

Just a thought

I have a Dlink switch before the router so I dont have to worry about the UPnP on the router

Check to see if one of you video files contains any special characters such as @. If a file or folder contains this character and some others the Xbox will see the entire folder as empty. Just rename the file or folder removing this character. @ is probably the most common character seen to do this.

I didnt think about that so I will defently check it out, im about 100% postive I dont have the @ symbol but I will defently check it out

CARB1DE

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 10:48:38 AM »

So I checked all the files and I had one that had the & and sure enough I changed it to the word and low and behold....IT WORKS AGAIN!!!!! OMG WHAT A HEADACHE!!!! but its working again

thanks for the symbol input I will defently look for those when I transfer to the HDD

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »

Good to hear...

Cheers!!  ;D
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream