• April 16, 2024, 03:45:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: why is it taking days to refresh my UPnP AV SERVER?  (Read 1933 times)

optical10

• Level 1 Member
why is it taking days to refresh my UPnP AV SERVER?
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:29:14 PM »

having just purchased a Sony Tablet S (SGPT111GB) android tablet I wanted to access and stream my MP3s from the dlink 323 NAS shares recently transferred there. It took over a day to transfer 200 GB and now it's taking just as long, or even longer to do the UPnP AV SERVER refresh?

I'm still hoping that the DLna functionality in the latest 1.0 a firmware (for this old NAS) will be good enough for streaming to my Sony tablet after days of waiting, or am I wasting my time?

smallnetbuilder.com rates the Netgear readynas as the best for DLna functionality but age  and processing performance doesn't seem to be an issue with multitasking with regard to multimedia files so older machines like the synnology 109+ still do a decent job in this regard I guess my D-Link should suffice?

Any help with my questions above would be much appreciated enough I've missed the obvious please don't hesitate to put me right as it could save me upgrading unnecessarily, thanks.
DNS 2 x Seagate 750 GB HD's non-raid non-jumbo
Virgin Super Hub Router (Netgear CG 3101D)
TCP Link  8 port gigabit  Switch

WIRED
Notebook Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Desktop Dual Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
WIRELESS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android Tablets (802.11bgn