• March 29, 2024, 12:13:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Cannot access router or reset factory settings, please help!!!!  (Read 34592 times)

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: Cannot access router or reset factory settings, please help!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 05:03:07 PM »

Im out of suggestions other than calling support.  The computer should not be getting a 72 address as the router should be getting this and the computer should get the internal IP (192.168.x.x)

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »

Last time i contacted my ISP, they said they didnt support dlink.  Well, that i would have to call dlink, that they have no control.  I called dlink, warranty ran out and then on a machine for an hour.  So get a new router huh?

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 06:39:14 PM »

Last time i contacted my ISP, they said they didnt support dlink.  Well, that i would have to call dlink, that they have no control.  I called dlink, warranty ran out and then on a machine for an hour.  So get a new router huh?

Hi Rob,

Warranty ran out?

When did you buy the D-Link Router? What is its Hardware Revision?
Do you still have the receipt or Packing List? Did you buy an extended Warranty?

Do you have that CD Wizard that came with the Router? Have you ran it, not from the point of installed it, but from the point of installing it from scratch?

Start by removing the Router and plug the Cable Modem into the computer and start from scratch.

The Wizard will guide you to exactly where to plug in the Ethernet Cable into the Router.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

hajekmarek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »

Hmmm....a couple of small observations

1. In the past I've changed my router IP address to something other than 192.168.0.1 in order to avoid a conflict with the DSL modem router I had. Is it possible you've change your router IP address and forgotten about it?

2. In one of your posts you said you clicked on the reset button. Are you clicking and waiting 20+ seconds or are you actually holding the button in for that whole time? Do you feel the reset button get pushed in when you are inserting the paperclip?

3. From the other posts it really sounds like you are connected directly to the DSL modem. Please, double check the setup. Unplug power from the router and see if you're still connected to the internet. That will tell you whether your cables are running contrary to what you think. The cable mess can sometimes get confusing.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 10:24:24 PM »

OP has cable modem from RoadRunner, not DSL.

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 04:25:53 AM »

Ive changed my routers ip and it wouldnt let me go online. i had limited connectivity. 
So i use automatic to get me online...and it gives me this.  but wireless dont work for itouch here.
so im trying to access router.
I do hold in the button for 20+seconds....i feel it push it. 
idk what to say.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 07:28:53 AM »

Ive changed my routers ip and it wouldnt let me go online. i had limited connectivity. 
So i use automatic to get me online...and it gives me this.  but wireless dont work for itouch here.
so im trying to access router.
I do hold in the button for 20+seconds....i feel it push it. 
idk what to say.

Hi Rob,

Change the IP Address for other devices, not for a critical piece of Equipment like the Router.

Remove the Router. Remove all wires including Power Cable.

Hold the Factory Reset Button in for 1 minute and release. Reapply power and reconnect Cables.

I'm curious.

After changing the IP Address, which IP Address were you using to use to access the Router?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »

What am i suppose to set the router as?  just to make sure i was right.  and i right 192.168.0.1

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »

What am i suppose to set the router as?  just to make sure i was right.  and i right 192.168.0.1

Hi Rob,

IP Address is 192.168.0.1 for the D-Link Router.

Here is the link: http://192.168.0.1/

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 10:40:18 AM »

Yeah i set that all up right.  When im under that ip it says limit connectivity. 
I tried setting the wizard up, did everything thing it said, but it doesnt work.  Says cannot find router.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »

Yeah i set that all up right.  When im under that ip it says limit connectivity. 
I tried setting the wizard up, did everything thing it said, but it doesnt work.  Says cannot find router.

Hi Rob,

Remove Power from the Cable Modem. Remove Power from the D-Link Router.
Remove the Co-Axial Cable from the Cable Modem. Remove the Ethernet Cable between the Cable Modem and the Router.

Reboot the Computer.
Restore power to the D-Link Router. You should now be connected to the D-Link Router, but not connected to the Internet. This is true, only if the Router is not defective.

Reconnect the Ethernet Cable between the Cable Modem and the WAN port on the Router.

Reapply Power to the Cable Modem. Now reconnect the Co-Axial Cable to the Cable Modem.

The Router should be receiving information from the Cable Modem.

Report Back.

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »

I tried connecting to the router when i didnt have internet plugged in and i did your steps.  It couldnt find the router, i have a screen pic of what it said(below).  After i plugged in the new stuff i got all new numbers.

IPv$: 72.231.139.85<Preferred>
Subnet Mask: 255.255.252.0  (shouldnt it be 255.255.255.0?)
Default Gateway: 72.231.136.1
Any other numbers you need to know?

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9456/dlink.jpg

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 04:50:05 PM »

the 72 address is from road runner - all  those numbers are correct.

When looking at your picture, your computer is NOT getting a DHCP address from the router, thats why is not connecting.

Hook the computer back up to the router and configure a manual IP address of 192.168.0.10  subnet 255.255.255.0  gateway 192.168.0.1  on your computer then you should be able to get to the router's setup pages and go from there.

ItsRobbie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/552/dlink2.jpg
that didnt work either.  I closed out so it saved, i just re opened it to show you i put it in right.
when i do ipv4 do i have to do ipv6?

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/552/dlink2.jpg
that didnt work either.  I closed out so it saved, i just re opened it to show you i put it in right.
when i do ipv4 do i have to do ipv6?

Hi Rob,

In your image, you are using Windows Vista and it has limited Connection. The problem is not the Router, but the operating system. The Network and Sharing Center area of the operating system.
Wipe out all Static information and dot Obtain an IP Address automatically. Apply and OK.
Do a repeat of my instructions.

But when you use Windows Vista, go into Network and Sharing Center and make this your new Home Network, not a Public Network.

You have been fighting Windows Vista Network and Sharing Center, not the Router.

You stated:
All of the other computers have full access and works great.  I tried going to my routers home page, but all I get  is "The server at 192.168.0.1 is taking too long to respond."

ftp://thecreator1965.dlinkddns.com/2011-01-29%20-%20Connections.jpg

That's mine above from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit version.

Oops! I forgot to say all your IP Addresses for all your computers should all work in the range from the Router between 100 and 199. Ex. 192.168.0.100
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:53:44 PM by thecreator »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4