The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

New - DIR-895L FW v1.11 Build 04 Official Release - WW Region!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Evgenovich:
Thanks again for replying.

The issue is the same on Microsoft Edge (ver 25 on Windows 10), Firefox (just downloaded current version), and Chrome (ver 52).

All three browsers report 25 total devices connected, 13 of which have IP RESERVATION enabled.  On certain devices (one Samsung tab, one Samsung phone, and a NIXPLAY device (shows pictures from the NIXPLAY cloud) I cannot rename them, enable IP RESERVATION, or even take the one out of PARENTAL CONTROL enabled status and activate it again.  In every case--trying to rename, set IP RESERVATION, or disable PARENTAL CONTROL, I get the same message: "The maximum number of permitted DHCP reservations has been exceeded."  Maybe related to having exceeded the the magic number 24 -- total devices connected, not IP reserved (which is only 13)?

The tip on disabling SMARTCONNECT worked.

And yes, Google bought NEST in Jan 2014.  $3.2B.  Not a very happy merger there from what I read.

FurryNutz:
Ok. I presume that doing a factory reset will clear all of this out and setting up just the devices that needs reservations should begin  to work.

I'll pass this on to D-Link support regarding the reservations and re-naming problems. Seeing a similar issue with the 890L as well.

Smart Connect is automatic so the only thing you can change is the SSID name when it's enabled. All other features are hidden until SC is disabled.

Not a fan of Google.  >:( Oh well as long as my 2 NESTs work.  ::)

Evgenovich:
After doing a factory reset do you think I can reload the saved config file (.bin) and not replicate the same problems?

FurryNutz:
You can try that and see. I would use IE11 or FF to test that.
Did you have all the reservations set before you saved the config to file?

Evgenovich:
I did a factory reset and then uploaded the config file with my firewall and reserved IP settings.  Same problems, in all three browsers.

Guess next I'll try a factory reset and redo all my settings manually.   :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version