• March 29, 2024, 06:09:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MyDlink Home App and Windows Mobile, possible to use iOS or Android App?!  (Read 4133 times)

dabigloosa

• Level 1 Member

Hi everybody,
I am a "new" user of mydlink home products and using an iPhone at the moment with the DCH-G020 Hub, Siren, two cams, plug and door sensors.
Within the MyDlink Home App on iOS and the webinterface of the cams I can generate some simple intrusion detection scenarios where pictures are taken in case someone is entering a room as well as let the alarm go off when the door sensors are triggered. This is perfect for now and for securing my home.
However, I am in process of switching from iOS to a Windows Phone, and also already asked DLINK Support if the MyDlink Home App will also be available on Windows Phone, and the answer was, that no support for Windows Mobile is planned. This is bad, as this then leaves me with a solution I can not use anymore with the new Phone to setup, configure and switch on or off my alarming system.
Now the question is, can I setup, configure and switch on or off my system through any other app? Or can I somehow make the MyDlink Home app available on the Windows Phone? If that is no possible in anyway, I have a solution that I can not use anymore and therefore need to check for anything similar.
Thanks in advance for help/answers.

dabigloosa

• Level 1 Member

So nobody has an idea... This is bad.
Without this App being available for Windows Phone, the whole Dlink Ecosystem is useless from one day to another!
Isn't there any App Developer available just having a short look into this and compile a beta version for Windows Mobile? The tools are there, so I do not get the whole "there is no support and this app won't be available" thing :(
https://dev.windows.com/en-us/bridges/ios

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

These are the apps supported for Apple and Google devices:
http://support.dlink.com/FAQView.aspx?f=b89pJzEfVF%2fe4P32yS5wiw%3d%3d

I'm unsure of the D-Link model devices have built in web pages or not as I don't have any experience with them. If they do, and they can be set up from there perspective web pages, then this would be all you need if you had a PC to connect to them. If you still have a iPhone, you could use an in-active iphone in wireless mode connected to your home wireless network and install the apps on the iphone from the app store. I don't know if the iphone needs to be active to access the Apple store or not. It's possible though.

I recommend you phone contact D-Link support and ask them specifically about using PC or Laptop to set up the D-Link Home device.

Let us know how it goes.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.