• May 17, 2024, 11:17:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dwa-125 and Mac OS  (Read 26680 times)

Memichelle

• Level 1 Member
dwa-125 and Mac OS
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »

My Macbook Pro is almost 4 years old.  The wireless connection on it has been giving me grief for many months.

* I'm running Parallelse on my Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.6
    * I'm using a DWA-125 as my wireless access point
    * My router is an Airport Extreme base station

So after looking through many mac forums, I came across the topic "dwa-125 and snow leopard" http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13230.msg77939#msg77939.

The information was very helpful, fortunately I didn't have to jump through quite as many hoops.
So, here's what I did (I hope I'm not missing any steps):

*Download the driver for your operating system version at http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/support.php?s=3; you want to choose the usb driver USB(RT2870 /RT2770 /RT307X /RT2070 /RT3572)
    * Turn off your current network connection if you have one

* Install the driver above and reboot

*Before I could do the following steps, I had to plug in the dlink dwa-125

* Under the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen choose System Preferences
    * Leave locations set to Automatic, it seems to work fine
    * I didn't remove any previous network locations, I just moved the 11n Adapter up to the top of the list.  My Airport still shows in the list, but is off on my computer (router is still on of course)
    * Select network from the third row
    * Click the plus right above the lock on the bottom left hand side of the screen
    * From the drop down choose the 11n Adapter
    * Select Using DHCP if it is not selected
    * Click apply

* After I did this, nothing seemed to happen for awhile.  After I restarted again, the system preferences dialogue box opened on its own and then the DWA wireless box came up for me to configure.  I just followed the directions and it worked great.  I have my network set up as a wpa2 and I set the dwa to the password for my network and it worked.

* If you're running parallels too, just open it up and put the dlink disk in and install the driver.  You don't need to do anything else, it eventually recognizes it and works - again, you might have to restart parallels to accomplish this.

aforbes

• Level 1 Member
Re: dwa-125 and Mac OS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 03:55:50 AM »

Hi there - I have downloaded the ralink but can't get the adaptor to work - any ideas? are there any codes etc I have to put in - not sure what a wpa pre-shared key is or where to find it? please help!

Do i need to fill in codes in the ralink thing or in my network preferences?

Many thanks if you are able to help