• May 20, 2024, 12:25:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Building media library too slow!!!  (Read 2778 times)

mcofano

• Level 1 Member
Building media library too slow!!!
« on: July 07, 2013, 03:34:18 AM »

Hello, I've copied a lot of files and a lot of folders into my dns-345. When I refresh the media library the building is too slow (until 3 days!!!). Is this a normal behaviour?

Thanks

Marco

Anvi

• Level 1 Member
Re: Building media library too slow!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »

I have the same problem... I gave up using the media library feature. I installed XBMC on my HTPC and mapped the DNS-345 volume as a network drive.

mcofano

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 07:37:41 AM »

Hello Anvi,

I have open a case to italian support. The reply was that the speed of rebuild is depending from my pc (cpu or network)........ this reply is wrong because the rebuild is made inside the dns also if I'm not connected. I think there is a bug and the firmware must be improved, but dlink does't want to invest on this product (last official version of firmware is very old).

I don't want to give up to media library....I'll try to open a case to uk or us support.

Marco

Anvi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:15:09 AM »

Heh. Yes you are right, the PC or network speed has nothing to do with the internal NAS media library feature. Their 1st level Support seems slightly incompetent. My next NAS probably won't be made by D-LINK.